The Tweeting Pothole - Sends Tweets From Pothole When Cars Run Over

Came across the Tweeting Pothole - a brilliant idea put into reality by the clever folks at P4 Ogilvy and Mather. There are too many potholes on the roads of Panama City. These potholes were neglected for years and eventually became the joke among the residents. How do you get the attention of the authorities?

The solution comes from tweeting pothole. A tiny device that sits inside the pothole and whenever a car runs over it, it sends a tweet to the official government twitter accounts, with a request that the pothole to be fixed at earliest.

I was thinking this could be a very innovative engineering project. Easy to deploy! Setup a pressure sensor that will activate the tweeting mechanism. I'll leave it to the students to figure out the inner circuitry.

Other similar ideas:

1. Capture a photo and send a tweet when someone breaks traffic signal.
2. Capture a photo and send a tweet when someone spits at a public place.
3. Send a tweet when someone leaves the dog crap unattended.

Add more?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello sir, I have just finished my b.tech in ECE. Got campus placed but companies are not much big. And offering very less package. N most of them ate BPO's....
I'm a member of group formed by my school friends and those who aren't from the IT (technical)0 background seem to be totally excited about the 'free' whatsapp calls. There's...
Most of us get fascinated by the birds’ chirping or appearance. However, we often don’t have any idea about their name or what kind of species do they belong to....
Kaustubh sir , My name is Srinivas and I belong to a middle class family. I am an graduate in ECE (2010-2014) , gave my 1 year of my preparation...
LEDs are meant to last for a long time, but if not properly heat shielded, they tend to lose their brightness and color. Jake Dyson of 'Jake Dyson Light' says...