The TVS 50 engine

Hey has anyone ever dealt with this engine before in anyway. i would like to know more about it. especially its sub-components and sub-assemblies.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Or has anyone got any general idea about it ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess someone will have to dissect the engine. I wonder if anyone's willing to do that 😀
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    That was what i was supposed to do on the day i started this thread.

I had automobile lab that day, and the exercise for that day was to study a spark-ignition two-stroke engine.

for that they provided us with a TVS 50 , and asked us to remove its engine and to take it apart.

But the vehicle was almost a couple of decades old and was completely rusty-crusty. all its fastener-joints were rusted. it was with great difficulty that we took the engine off the chassis, and by that time the session was almost over.

But i at least managed to notice that the engine had the clutch and starter motor integrated within it.

Not exactly the starter motor, because these engines use the magneto-ignition systems.

So i wanted to know if any here has any more info about this

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a fresher just passed out from colllege ,my branch was computer science,please tell me any computer course in India so that i can get a job easily and...
hai,iam magesh i completed diploma electrical ,i start the business in home appliance service and manf
what will be the current drawn if we use same kw rating but different rpm motor??
Four Indian scientiest Sridevi Vedula Sarma, Pawan Sinha, Parag A Pathak and Biju Parekkadanhad been bestowed with the highest honour in field of Engineering and science, by the US Government...
Global electronic equipment maker Cisco has won an unconditional EU regulatory approval n for its multi billion ($5) takeover deal for television software developer king 'NDS'. This is the largest...