The trial of the Bhagavad-gita / Attempt to ban Bhagavad-gita in Russia

Bhagavad-gita As Is , is under the threat of being banned in Russian.
There is court hearing early monday morning, so we must all act by sunday.
please sign this petition online.
It takes only 10 second.
#-Link-Snipped-#
Once you sign this the petition-you will receive e-mail with a link asking you to confirm your vote. you need to click on the link .

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Religion! Our religion is engineering.
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    The_Big_K
    Religion! Our religion is engineering.
    We should all know about it since it is a holy scripture and spread across mankind and not only hindus .
    It teaches how to live life

The myths about Bhagavad Gita:
    Though the Bhagavad Gita is a very effective guide to life book, most people including the Hindus don’t read it due to the myths related to it. If you can understand the real philosophy of the Bhagavad Gita, you will definitely practice the techniques recommended in the book and lead a very successful and happy life. Though it was written about 5000 years ago, it lives beyond the ages and never becomes obsolete.

Top myths about the Bhagavad Gita:

It’s for the Hindus alone: No, Bhagavad Gita is not meant for the Hindus alone. It’s a practical guide to life that can be used by any one regardless of religion, nationality, race, age, gender, culture and social background. It’s Universal, evergreen and immortal.

It’s for the old people: No, it’s good if a young man or woman reads the Bhagavad Gita and learns the art of living. It’s for all ages undoubtedly.

It teaches you to become a sage: Many people think that Bhagavad Gita teaches us to grow beard, become a sage and live in forests. It’s just a myth.

You can’t possess wealth: Bhagavad Gita never opposes possessing of wealth, though it recommends living without desires. It may look a bit complicated to understand this philosophy. The Bhagavad Gita teaches you to do your duties with passion but without worrying about the outcome of your efforts. When you develop attachment to something, your mind can’t be calm and when the mind is in an agitated state; your action can’t be to your full potentials.

The teachings of the Bhagavad Gita: It teaches you to do your duties with passion but without bothering about the results. Your mind must be calm free from anger, jealousy, lust (desires), greed, deep emotional attachment and arrogance. Your soul is immortal. You should have tremendous concentration while performing an action. You can surrender to God, meditate and get enlightenment. Eventually you can enter the kingdom of the God.

Summary: Bhagavad Gita is not just for the Hindus. It’s a Universal book and a practical guide to life. Though the Bhagavad Gita is 5000 years old, it never becomes obsolete. Any one can read the Bhagavad Gita to learn the art of living and enjoy its amazing benefits.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Religions are all man-made and I believe the concept of God was invented to have a common 'enemy' (let me explain!) to fear. We humans unite only when there's a sense of common enemy - and God as the 'supreme authority' was discovered so that humans don't misbehave. I do not know whether God exists but there are things which can only be explained by assuming that God exists.

I just don't know why did people start 'promoting' their own religion and looking down on others. That's I think the basic games we humans play - "Mine Is Better Than Yours". 👎
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    Be it any religion it guides us on how to live life happily

If we read deep into the religious text all preach the same values
    it is interpreted by people differently

It is just a that we need acknowlege the existence of a supreme authority who controls how different things work here....
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    #-Link-Snipped-#

What irks me the most is that, due to this issue somewhere in another end of the world, the parliamentary proceedings were adjourned here in India.

Russia is a country where Hindus are a minority. Hindus form, maybe, 1/10,000[sup]th[/sup] of the total population.

First, it is stupid and useless in the part of Russia to go and declare a book which is read only by a tiny minority in the country to b extremist, and ban it.
    Second, it's not that Bhagavad Gita altogether is going to be banned. One version of it, namely, a translation called "Gita as it is" by Swami Prabhupada
    is only being discussed. Now, whether that version is actually extremist is not in the scope of this discussion. But, even if that is banned, people there can
    make do with other books, I think.

Or, even if India did decide to intervene diplomatically, that is no reason to adjourn the parliament. These parliamentarians, our great leaders elected by us,
    always find ways to put public money down the drain. With the amount of money spent in running the parliament, and with our own issues teeming,
    is this furor and ruckus really necessary?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Verbal is the most difficult section for engineers taking GMAT and one startup is aiming to solve that problem through virtual classrooms. The startup founded in 2006 by Arun Jagannathan...
Potholes left without repair are a nightmare in Bangalore and quite a bit of the rest of India. With the swarm of two wheelers (almost one per person in many...
Window 8 will have a new way of entering your passwords. The system works as follows - 1. First you're allowed to select a picture from your photo library. 2....
Automobiles & Auto Components - Auto Expo 2012 Largest Automotive show in India The only complete Automotive show in World Only show in India accredited by OICA Special focus on...
Asia's first Holography studio is being setup at Kovalam near Trivendram in India. Light Logics Holography & Optics has setup the studio. Source: https://www.indianexpress.com/news/asias-first-holography-studio-coming-up-at-kovalam/889250/ Now the basic question: What exactly...