The stirling engine made of junk automobile parts in the field.

The stirling engine made of junk automobile parts in the field.
Is it possible to make a work pony?
Can a design be created so as to take an automobile mechanic and make him a master of energy? Alternators and batteries as well as instrumentation.
A number of disciplines are needed. As well as the art of the writ.

It takes an application engineer and a redistribution engineer.
You like how I created a new engineering title, lol.

Low tech / High tech

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Your area of expertise.
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    Yes very much. I make a living redesigning mass produced parts to drive new applications of refrigeration. That's why I am unique. I live out of the box. I am trying to teach you people of that mind set so ideas can come to fruition quickly to spur applications and investment.
    If this can happen it will bring power to the remote areas of your country. Home grown from junked cars and trucks. Think about it.
  • n1kh1l
    n1kh1l
    Don Ross
    Yes very much. I make a living redesigning mass produced parts to drive new applications of refrigeration. That's why I am unique. I live out of the box. I am trying to teach you people of that mind set so ideas can come to fruition quickly to spur applications and investment.
    If this can happen it will bring power to the remote areas of your country. Home grown from junked cars and trucks. Think about it.
    #-Link-Snipped-#, Did you ever try a stirling cooler? It is a stirling engine which is driven by an external source and is used for cryogenic cooling. I dont know much about this aspect of stirling engine. Maybe you can explain as you are in refrigeration field.
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    Never heard of a stirling engine being used for cryogenic but you have me excited. I can build anything. But I am not into stirling engines so I will need to come up to speed. As far as using auto parts the idea is to bring the engine to the masses. People are extremely talented they just don't understand the design enough to ablib the parts. But if you do it and lay it out with pics they will build it from one side of the world to the other. That would be a good thing. Very rewarding. No money but who cares. It's a reputation that stays with you the rest of your career. Mine precede myself in the refrigeration industry. but that's another story. Oh by the way I know enough to know the application of using auto parts is a sound idea. I watched a video of a guy building a basic engine in his garage, lol . I know a lot of you guys do it as a project in school.
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    Ok n1kh1l if you can make a model stirling engine then your the one to spear head this project. I will help you along with any one else that wants to come on board. We will all share in the design recognition if it works. I studied Dean Kamens' stirling engine.He is the designer of the Segway. He's a neighbor but I haven't talked to him. But his numbers to build a top notch engine is at 2 US dollars a watt. Pricy. He is targeting the rich for now. It's always the rich and the poor keep on suffering. Oh he is a brilliant guy. I couldn't hold a candle to him. But if we do this he would be very envious of us.We would be famous.
  • n1kh1l
    n1kh1l
    Don Ross
    Never heard of a sterling engine being used for cryogenic but you have me excited. I can build anything. But I am not into sterling engines so I will need to come up to speed. As far as using auto parts the idea is to bring the engine to the masses. People are extremely talented they just don't understand the design enough to ablib the parts. But if you do it and lay it out with pics they will build it from one side of the world to the other. That would be a good thing. Very rewarding. No money but who cares. It's a reputation that stays with you the rest of your career. Mine precede myself in the refrigeration industry. but that's another story. Oh by the way I know enough to know the application of using auto parts is a sound idea. I watched a video of a guy building a basic engine in his garage, lol . I know a lot of you guys do it as a project in school.
    #-Link-Snipped-#, The first engine i built was from auto parts. The power cylinder and piston assembly came from a 60 cc moped and the displacer piston and cylinder from a wet liner of commercial vehicle. That was in my college days. We tried to use pressurized R22 as working medium but failed.
    After that I got hooked on these engines.
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    So cool,,,, now I get it. You are me, lol. Yes I love it. That's the future of helping technology get to the needed populations. So you have that ability to adapt. Excellent. Welcome aboard the crazy reengineering crew. If you did it once now we need to do it again with a strict application guidelines of kit building mentality. A auto mechanic, or farmer, or industrial tech or anyone mechanically inclined should be able to look at any vehicle with generic parts and be able to adapt those parts in anyway he can to achieve the design we out line. Obviously the out come will be different. Some better some just ok. But they will strive to make it better. Be empowered as to the ability to change their world with there hands. Think out of the box. Build this nation into a unique innovated powerhouse.This will spill over into the production line, the farmers fields, water pumps,energy, helping the helpless, sick, maimed. Remember Gods hand is upon us. We shall not fail. This was ordained to be for many, many years. I am really excited. We need like minded engineers of every background. I do know it's testing time so. We may have to be patient and rough out the objectives and applications ourselves to start. WE just keep going a little at a time.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : The aim of this project is to create a simulation of a HCCI Engine with Multi Fuel injectors using a Diesel Engine to showcase the...
The spirit of the design.By Donald F. Ross Jr. 1-15-15 Security and surety comes from health and wealth of being. This comes from a self assuredness in family prosperity. This...
UCWeb and Facebook India have partnered to bring push notifications from Facebook directly to the browser. This is the first time that Facebook has partnered with a mobile web browser...
Lenovo and Flipkart, the Indian e-commerce portal, have come together to launch Lenovo A6000 smartphone. Bearing a Price in India tag of Rs. 6,999 ($113), the Lenovo smartphone's registrations have...
In the year 2014, we saw the upsurge of wearable electronic gadgets becoming a part of common man's life. Be it smartwatches or smartglasses, the top leading tech companies are...