The Search of an Accidental (Non-Engineer) Entrepreneur

Who am I and what I do:
I am a former corporate lawyer turned entrepreneur - I have an education startup which enables Indian universities and industry bodies to launch online courses. I had helped Fortune 500 companies and private equity investors invest in Indian companies, but am now involved in teaching practical aspects of different sides of law to entrepreneurs, managers, engineers and students, through e-learning.

Why I want to join Crazy Engineers:

I happened to chance across this forum and was so amazed by the kind of topics and level of discussion around startups, that I got hooked and wanted to join this forum myself.

I am connected with the entrepreneur circuit and forums such as Startup Saturday. Have taken speaking gigs at Barcamp and some engineering institutions around NCR region, but still want to interact with young engineers and entrepreneurs!

Although I am not an engineer, I love startups and find interacting with engineers quite energetic - I have found a common tendency in many to achieve solutions to problems through codes, which makes them naturally entrepreneurial. I find this approach is really lacking in people who are studying other disciplines. This has of course made me gravitate towards engineers in a big way!

It's been two years since I started working full-time on my startup. Since the past year I have been interacting much more with engineers, as we took around 50 workshops around NCR Delhi jointly with IIT-Delhi's EDC. In my college, I had helped an IIT-incubated venture secure venture capital funding, and after starting up we have many engineering students from IIT, BITs and other institutions studying a business law course we conduct and learning about negotiation, venture capital, intellectual property and other practical issues.

Passions: E-learning, startups, trekking, travelling, meditation

Look forward to interacting with the Crazy Engineers community!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-# . It's a pleasure to have you with us. We've always believed that engineers is more about 'attitude' than formal degrees and certificates.

We look forward to your participation here at CE. Welcome aboard.
  • Piyush Dangre
    Piyush Dangre
    How great it is to have you here sir !

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am looking for DC Motor i need for my bot with a weight of around 35 Kg and about 60X60 cms in dimensions . What amount of torque will...
Quote: Everyone knows that Tesla Motors Inc. doesn’t do things the same way as other automakers. However, the company’s unique approach to automaking runs far deeper than the Model S’s...
I am final year computer science student. I am interested to do project in Java/.NET alone OR combined with web development. Kindly suggest some new ideas.
Quote: This project began with a free Razor Pocket Mod Scooter found on the side of the road. Although it didn't run, the frame was in good shape. I decided...
Hamza Immurana submitted a new project: Design a simple Inverter to be used by a solar panel - I want help on the components used for the inverter This inverter...