The Mark Cuban Interview - You've Got To Read It!

Now, here's a fantastic interview of Mr. Mark Cuban from TechCrunch50 conference -

#-Link-Snipped-#

Here's the stuff I liked -

JC: Whats the best piece of advice you can give a young entrepreneur?

MC: Ill tell you what I learned from Bobby Knight: everybody’s got the will to win but when it comes time to doing something, it’s always about someone else. Not many people have the will to prepare. You got to be willing to know your product and environment better than anybody. No matter what you do there is someone out there trying to kick your ass. You got to be the smartest guy in the room about your product. Then you need to have a revenue source. You need a company with a revenue to make money. Concept, competition, and where the money is — plus something you love doing. I’ve never had a day of work. When I die I want to come back as me.

What’s the biggest change you’ve made in your life that has changed your career?

Realizing I was a terrible employee. Getting fired for selling on commission rather than cleaning floors. Also, before you have kids and get a mortgage, thats the time to go after it. I cant tell you how many girlriends I’ve had that said “me or the business”, and I said “whats your name?”

What do you say, guys? 😀

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    What’s the biggest change you’ve made in your life that has changed your career?

Realizing I was a terrible employee. Getting fired for selling on commission rather than cleaning floors. Also, before you have kids and get a mortgage, thats the time to go after it. I cant tell you how many girlriends I’ve had that said “me or the business”, and I said “whats your name?”
    😁 Great !
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ya know, Mark Cuban is the owner of Dallas Mavericks, sworn enemies of my favorite NBA basketball team, Houston Rockets. Therefore, he is also my enemy 😛

... didnt know he was a tech entrepreneur, though. Interesting!
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    Great stuff... 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's a slide presented at TechCrunch50 conference by Fitbit - Automatically Track Your Fitness and Sleep Since the chart says so, we can easily conclude that Linux programmers are getting...
Take a look at the video, guys. Post your comment! [youtube]1bibCui3lFM[/youtube] What do you think?
No talks. Head over to - Live from Apple's 'Let's Rock' event in San Francisco - Engadget for more on iPod touch!
I believe we've lot of engineering enthusiasts on CE who are willing to prepare for the one of the toughest entrance exams on the planet - the Joint Entrance Examination...
Indian IT giant WIPRO sacked over 1000 employees - one of the leading newspaper reported here - 'Wipro gives pink slip to 1,000'- Software & Services-News-Indiatimes - Infotech ...and obviously...