The first video game you played...

Alrighty - I'm a big fan of video games. I was first introduced to video games when I was about 10 😲 .

I remember spending hours playing Mario & Contra 😎

Which games did you play when you were a kid?

Replies

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    me to a fan of mario and contra games and in addition to this, I have played some other like adventures,tank, wrestling, cricket, ..these names only I remember at this time
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Mario 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I loved this game called Othello 😁 . I used to beat the computer (8 bit :neutral) at level 1 and 2. Could never beat it at level 3 & 4 πŸ˜”
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Mario was my first game...
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    I started my gaming career😁 with mario. I still remember that I used to complete the whole Mario game in just 12-15 mins. Better I played many games in 8-bit versions like Contra, variant of Marios, Battle Tank, Adventure Island (we call him Jungle Mario) and many. We generally bought new game cassetes every sunday and complete it till next sunday.
    Later I started playing on 16-bit games like Mortal Kombat, WWE, etc are main. I mastered my skills in Mortal Kombat game by hitting too many 'Brutality' & 'Fatality ' to opponent.
    After I completed my 10th, I started playing games in consoles & pc. I liked all racing games and GTA games. I am now pro-gamer (as per me) in all NFS games and completed all the versions of it. I have also completed GTA series. I don't like 3rd person shooting games. I like arcade, racing, role playing games. I love to bet on race with my friends too and I am doing it very often and also won most of them.
    Thats all my gaming past!!!!!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I don't know how many of you heard of this game.

But my affair with Gaming started with this very small game called Paratrooper.
    It's a game where you've to stop paratroopers from landing on your base. A simple shooting game, basically.

And then, I went to Mario. No one could miss that, of course.
    Then Contra and the numerous variants of it.

One special game is bomberman. Just loved it..

And so on, I went on to higher level games..
  • gohm
    gohm
    Pong for at home games and I believe Asteroids was the first arcade game I played. The Colleco sport handheld games were popular. Being from the early hayday of arcade games, much time was spent on Joust, Defender, Centipede, Galaga, Moonpatrol, Pacman, Frogger.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The first game I played was Tetris. Had a hand held tetris game console. My second console was a little bigger to be called hand-held. It was rather like a lap-top, had a larges screen and bigger buttons and you could play pinbball on it, thats all.
    Later on I had a hand held GameBoy Advance in which you had to insert mini cassettes. I had Turtles, Double Dragon, Zelda....and a few more.
    Then came the videon game console which was attached to T.V., it played cassetes. Some of the games I remember are....Contra, Mario(Super Mario, Doctor Mario ..etc), Pacman, Turtles, Tetris, Bomber-Man, Galaga, Excite Bike, Wrestling, Battletanks, Adventure Island, Tennis, There was a racing game in which superman went past if you didn't crash once and gave you extra points, another one in which you are a Ninja and have to escape from the jungle..the list is endless.
    Here is a link where you can play a 100 of these 8-bits on your browser. Though not comparable to the consoles but still good enough to relive the memories.
    The 100 best Nintendo 8-bit (NES) games playable on Nintendo8.com
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Oh boy! PACMAN !

*nostalgic*
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I still play some versions of Mario. Feels good..
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    The game that i started with was Mario.
    Then also played Bomber man,,tanker and so on..
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    I used to play legendary a lot, it was great. πŸ˜€
    and Mario and Contra of course lolz
    There were many like Ice-Man, Road Fighter(car race), Jungle book(I still have to end this one) πŸ˜”

I am gonna play it tomorrow morning cant resist now xD
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The first game I played was Mario.
    I love playing Need for Speed too.
  • lal
    lal
    My first game was Mario.
    I loved playing Contra,Dr.Mario, Tank, Red jackals, Double dragon, street fighter and many more.
    There were many...but dont remember them all!πŸ˜€

@Raj: Thanks for the link...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    hm.. a DOS-ported game called Dig Dug, around 1991/92 I think. Remember those 5 [sup]1[/sup]/[sub]4[/sub] inch diskettes?

I've never owned a game console, even to this day. Usually just go over to my friends house πŸ˜‰
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I play solitaire 😁

never I went beyond that, any racing car types I just bump the car(P.S: I get all terrified even with a real one ). and Mario? rofl. I never crossed level 4. i always wnated to see the princess but could never.
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    Mario i still play although im a mother !!!!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The first game I played was Road Runner... though the first one I liked really was Mario πŸ˜€ Then again there was Contra. That was all on my Samurai video game
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    English-Scared
    I love playing Need for Speed too.
    NFS Carbon is mouth watering stuff πŸ˜›
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    swapnakumar
    Mario i still play although im a mother !!!!
    Interesting! Engineer mom! πŸ˜€

Sorry to go off topic. Any other CEan who have children already? Gohm? πŸ˜›
  • gohm
    gohm
    Nope, not other than myself! =)
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Mine Was Road Fighter !
  • cowboy
    cowboy
    All time hit super mario. What a day that was!
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    My first game was Wolf 3D...The first part in the Wolfenstein game series!!

[EDIT]
    or, maybe doom!! Can't remember correctly..
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    I played Mario and PinBall in PC mate...
  • aztechmayhem
    aztechmayhem
    My first game was PONG, i had a console as big as a playstation which only ran PONG. and then i switched to Atari, ( a brand something like sony playstation nowadays, which ran on diskettes ) which games i still remember are 'Lemmings' and 'Bubble and Bobble'. After that came SEGA master system, 1 title i remembered was Bomberraid ( Never finished the game, sad ). After all this came the popular mario and contra.........

Those were the early gaming days, and now im still gaming ^^.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    mad_scientist
    My first game was Wolf 3D...The first part in the Wolfenstein game series!!
    Oh yeah, that was my first FPS game. Quite awesome πŸ˜€

Have you played Return to Castle Wolfenstien? I got a shock of my life when we had to face the undead. The fact they kept coming while deflecting bullets with their shields.. *shivers*
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    It was 2.30 at night when I was playing return to castle!! I remember, it-was-freaky!!
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    Between prince of persia, mortal kombat 4, mario not sure which one was first.
    Does brick game qualify to be a video game
  • safwan
    safwan
    The_Big_K
    Alrighty - I'm a big fan of video games. I was first introduced to video games when I was about 10 😲 .

I remember spending hours playing Mario & Contra 😎

Which games did you play when you were a kid?
    Biggie i too same πŸ˜€
    when i awas living in india i think i was in 5th or 4 rth grade my dad sended game console it called SEGA. i use to play mario and contra.πŸ˜‰

but now if you ask i like GTA (all versions)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Please post your favorite engineering websites/blogs in this thread. The website should provide technical information relevant to engineers. Get started
Dear All Members; A.S.H.A.R.E Refrigeration 2006 is the latest version of A.S.H.A.R.E Refrigeration series You can download it from here: HVAC DESIGN TOOLS|HVAC TRAINING
I am new to dot net tech.,I have decided to learn this as self study and dont know from where to start. whether from asp.net or c# or vb.net ?...
this article is really nice... And It is amazing to read that wolfram alpha uses super computer which is the world's 66th-fastest supercomputer. HowStuffWorks "How Wolfram Alpha Works"
here is a given c program which rounds off the floating value. This job is to have the return amount in both calls to return 1.32. Now the 1.324 returns...