The farthest Galaxy found so far: 33 billion light years away

UDFj-39546284 holds the record for the most distant galaxy found so far. Its light which has reached us now has been traveling for 13.4 billion years before reaching us, which puts it at a mere 2.6% after the big bang.

Its current distance from Earth is estimated as 33 billion light years away because of the expanding universe.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    the video shows redshift so well( i mean wavelength variation! )
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    That is some interesting information. But I would like to ask how is it that they determine the distance from the light signal they capture in the telescope? Also How did they manage to get such a clear picture of the galaxy. Its too far away it seems.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I wish Brihad Bangalore Mahanagar Palike would learn something from this. It has developed an extraordinary way of filling pot holes that fills empty pockets first. https://gizmodo.com/building-a-highway-is-way-more-complicated-than-youd-t-1193344004
Government of China has said that majority of the .cn domain were under DDOS (Distributed Deinal Of Service) attack on Sunday. The attack was targeted at the '.cn' domains -...
What is the exact difference between time delay and dead time of any process.
Soon after the leak of Apple's upcoming iPhone event on September 10, the rumors that the next version of the popular tablet / mobile operating system from Apple began spreading...
We'd like to begin this article by warning the brand new Galaxy S4, Note owners that this update will make your phone / phablet outdated. While you are busy boasting...