The End of Typing: The Next Billion Mobile Users Will Rely on Video and Voice

The internet’s global expansion is entering a new phase, and it looks decidedly unlike the last one.
Instead of typing searches and emails, a wave of newcomers—“the next billion,” the tech industry calls them—is avoiding text, using voice activation and communicating with images. They are a swath of the world’s less-educated, online for the first time thanks to low-end smartphones, cheap data plans and intuitive apps that let them navigate despite poor literacy.
The End of Typing: The Next Billion Mobile Users Will Rely on Video and Voice - WSJ

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, that indeed is true. My kid has picked up the voice search even before anyone else in the house.

I've found out that the voice recognition and natural language search has become super effective in these days.

I think keyboards will only be used by software developers for the next few years, until the AI takes over big way.
  • rogerflash
    rogerflash
    My daughter is 3 and she already uses this function

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now that WhatsApp has officially entered the Indian payments market, I thought of knowing what our fellow CEans think about it. Do you think WhatsApp has an edge over PayTM...
Hi, everyone ) Actually, i'm a freshman here, but i joined with the aim to consult on my project. One of my friends recommended this forum,so i hope you'll be...
From baby bottle to slinky and on to Rubin Cube - Nine Inventions that are not nine day wonders. 9 Simple Inventions That Make Us Ask, 'Why Didn’t I Think...
Quote: A few months ago I attended an event for women in tech. A lot of the attendees were new developers, graduates from code schools or computer science programs. Almost...
This week’s video comes from Boston Dynamics, the company whose numerous robots can run, jump, yomp and now, it would appear, hold doors open for one another. Video of the...