The difference between Function and Procedure!

Hi friends,
I want to know what is the difference between Function and Procedure. As i concerned Function always return a value, and the Procedure never returns any value.
If you know another points that differentiates the Procedure from Functions , please add them. 😀

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Well i have some good point about this question.
    function will create a stack memory place in the ram while it is implemented.while procedure doesn't.
    In the case of recursive function you gonne create stack for every function call.That is why recursive function is slower than our looping concept.
    Function implementation is an easy approach then our older procedural programming approach.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There is a man who lives on the top floor of a very tall building. Every day he gets the elevator down to the ground floor to leave the building...
how is poynting theorem applicable to both transmitter & receiver ?
the speed of light is 3*10^8 . some body can give its mathematical proofe that c= 3*10^8... or plz suggest any book or any web link ... thanx
While studying Gunn Diode in Microwave Technology, I came across the term 'effective mass of an electron' and not able to recall what it is. Can anyone kindly explain what...
I have mentained one folder in my PST named " Happy mails" .Whenever I am nervous, silent,tensed,bored or hurt by anything,I used open this folder which contains really good mails...