The CE Ultimate Layoff - 2008 Discussion Thread

Welcome to CE ULT - 2008 discussion thread. I hate to title the thread like that, but I think I've no better option. This thread aims to keep track of layoffs in the industry. Everyone is requested to contribute to thread so that we keep track of layoffs occurring all around the world.

Let me start with the bad news: Most of the Indian Companies are planning for 25-30 % of their workforce! [ Source: Post Diwali dhamaka: 25-30% job cuts in offing - Rediff.com Business ]

Let me set the ball rolling :-

1. L&T Infotech is laying off people from its offices. Our internal unofficial sources said the HR walks around the cubicles and hands over the pink slip to the employees. The employees are then asked to leave the campus in 1 hour time.

2. NVIDIA laid off 10% of its employees. I do not have the details.

Anyone's got update?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This thread aims to seek various views from our crazy engineers all over the world about the latest wave of lay offs happening all over. To start with here are...
friends, recently i have created a blog and it is good for few days and after it is saying that the blog is spam blog 😒 and you want to...
It has happened again. There are about 13 blasts in 15 minutes. Over 30 people are dead. Is there an end to this?
now i am confused. i tried passing a BPSK signal through a convolutional encoder through trellis . but trellis accpets only binary so it rejected my BPSK input 😔 so...
hey guyz.. i need to prepare a project for my TE miniproject using matlab.. can anyone suggest any topic....😕