Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    wow! one history it is...๐Ÿ˜

nice to read about it ๐Ÿ˜
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Nice to read!!

So Biggie Is your father a cean? ask him to join if he is free to join!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Wow
    really a nice read
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    wow....Nice story.....really a great work....๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Wow its really nice to read the History of CE and what CE today is also a History.

Hats-off to you Biggie.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    awesome... ๐Ÿ˜€

it must have been thrilling right? those two days you spent on building up this place...
    i mean when i get an idea no matter how small it is i get all excited and jumpy and you got this big an idea... it must have felt wonderful ๐Ÿ˜

glad you got that idea ๐Ÿ˜€ and even glad i joined this place
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Great one...

@ CEan's - This story only tells how Crazy engineers started. I know only Big K can explain that what takes him to sustain this piece of work in initial days.

He even created a alternate id and used to post the reply of his own post... ๐Ÿ˜, just to convience him that this place will definately help the world when they will understand the importance of it. Time was flewing, like anything and one fine day CEan-Rick had started a thread "#-Link-Snipped-#".

I still remeber after this threas CE started picking up some pace, still in initial days it was a real tough time and we had to wait for a day or two to see any post on CE.

Tough time that was... in th end if end good than everything good...

-CB
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Fantastic!! Superb!! You are Awesome Biggie!!

crazyboy
    He even created a alternate id and used to post the reply of his own post... ๐Ÿ˜, just to convience him that this place will definately help the world when they will understand the importance of it. Time was flewing, like anything and one fine day CEan-Rick had started a thread "#-Link-Snipped-#".

-CB
    Ha ha! Great!
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    A great story.

In the future, we will be reading the same story(detailed) in some good and famous Entrepreneur Magazine! :smile:

Way to go CE!! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Hats off to you biggie ๐Ÿ˜€ AWesome post till today in CE
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    A wonderful and inspiring tale Biggie!
    I love CE!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I narrated the story of Birth of CE. The next part will have how we expanded it over a period of time. When a community is new, it's difficult to get people talking and create value. Yes that is the toughest part. But many exceptional CEans helped. CEan CrazyBoy is one of them.

However, this story, some other time ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    We are waiting for the next part Biggie,post soon.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    I narrated the story of Birth of CE. The next part will have how we expanded it over a period of time. When a community is new, it's difficult to get people talking and create value. Yes that is the toughest part. But many exceptional CEans helped. CEan CrazyBoy is one of them.

However, this story, some other time ๐Ÿ˜€
    I am honored...

It was hard work and heart of Biggi which was supported by few CEan's...
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    @The big k I have two questions ?
    1.How do you get the name The_Big_K ?
    2.Who designed this site ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mohit007kumar00
    @The big k I have two questions ?
    1.How do you get the name The_Big_K ?
    2.Who designed this site ?
    1. I started blogging in April 2005 with nick name 'The Big K' on "#-Link-Snipped-#'. The blog was first hosted on Blogspot, you can see it here: The Big K's - S u p e r b l o g: Flashes of the Obvious . I no longer blog there. I assumed the nick name after watching the kid in TV serial 'Small Wonder' call himself 'The Big J'.

2. The site you see right now is totally different from what it was when it started. It was blue in color and was very simple. I did all the designs. The forum software was earlier powered by PHPBB and now it's on vBulletin.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Very nice!! Looking forward for reading more!!
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Waiting for More ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    Quite inspiring..after reading this, my confidence and energy levels are boosting up..
  • gizmotech
    gizmotech
    Hello,

It was really nice to read about your story. In face, I started a forum as to support my organisation (college magazine - OJAS) www. ojascampustalk.org/forum and it was more or less the same reason that I started it. We wanted to have a central place where all my batchmates and alumni and teachers could discuss everything under the sun, more importantly academics and everything. We stared with a free hosting provider due to lack of funds but later when the traffic increased the site went kaput, later we bought a domain. But, the sheen was lost somehow on having the forum down for several days.

Now, we are getting back to life. Slowly more and more people are registering. I could empathise with you throughout the article. A brilliant initiative in the end. Even, I have been searching for a good engineers joint from quite some time but couldn't find any. But, now I have and I am very impressed by the effort that has been made by the Admin Team.

Congrats, big_k
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks for your appreciation. I'd say that CE is a collective effort of everyone involved in it directly or indirectly.
  • sarbot
    sarbot
    Im new and wont say much..but i really found it awsome..I guess its always nice that you know what you want to do in life!!
  • fishex99
    fishex99
    hello!thanks for add!
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    That was a great story. Thank you biggie for creating this wonderful and fantastic site to all engineers and those aspiring engineers all across the world...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I only founded the site - everything else's been done by our great CEans [includes all of you! ๐Ÿ˜€ ]
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    The_Big_K
    I only founded the site - everything else's been done by our great CEans [includes all of you! ๐Ÿ˜€ ]
    Really Awesome And Creative Work
    I really impressed

Thanks for creating
    Without you it wouldn't be done
  • Gopzz Prasee
    Gopzz Prasee
    That was great..!๐Ÿ˜€
  • freak16
    freak16
    A wonderful Story. Bows to Biggie. You manage to survive in such a hardship. A round of Applaud for you.
    Seriously! The story nicely proves that adversity opens new domain which couldnot be looked if it does not knock on our door.
    CE is a sucess but Biggie it will be a BLOCKBUSTER soon.[โ€‹IMG]
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    We have some similarities Biggie and you have CE. Great Story Biggie.๐Ÿ˜€

CrazyEngineers - Founder Big K

(Origin of a great place founded by a great person who don't want others to be in same dilemma in their life guiding thousands of CEans and still counting.)

You Rock.
  • ekeepsupply
    ekeepsupply
    Great, I like it.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It was amazing to read the story of Crazyengineers...
    I always find inspiring, something which is happening just like google story, The social network and off course story of Crazyengineers.
    Just follow the direciton of your passion. ๐Ÿ‘
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    I guess we must thank Papa and Mama K too ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    They are awesome for being supportive parents.
    Long live CE! We can only go up from here. I hope we here can all help you in some small way of achieving your ultimate dream #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    #-Link-Snipped-#, i always wonder how CE makes money...๐Ÿ˜Ž I mean, you guys dont have much ads and i dont see any other source. I guess someone asked this question earlier too, couldn't find that....๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Pensu
    #-Link-Snipped-#, i always wonder how CE makes money...๐Ÿ˜Ž I mean, you guys dont have much ads and i dont see any other source. I guess someone asked this question earlier too, couldn't find that....๐Ÿ˜›
    CE makes money through advertisements. We're trusted by big brands in the field like Siemens, NIIT, Manipal, TI, MIT and many others. We show advertisements only to the guest visitors and no advertisements are shown to logged in members.

But that said, we plan to do away with the advertisements based business model as it doesn't seem to be sustainable in the longer run (unless; we become a large publisher!). We do aim to play well on the content front; but it requires tremendous hard work and money (to build a team of content producers).
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    The_Big_K
    CE makes money through advertisements. We're trusted by big brands in the field like Siemens, NIIT, Manipal, TI, MIT and many others. We show advertisements only to the guest visitors and no advertisements are shown to logged in members.

But that said, we plan to do away with the advertisements based business model as it doesn't seem to be sustainable in the longer run (unless; we become a large publisher!). We do aim to play well on the content front; but it requires tremendous hard work and money (to build a team of content producers).
    Thats great, i hope CE will be a huge content producer in future. And yeah, one of the biggest reason i like the site is you concentrate more on content and less on advertisement.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Really inspiring #-Link-Snipped-#๐Ÿ‘ ! Keep Going !
    Looking forward for more and more features on CE. .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I really can't wait to disclose what we're planning for. But we'll rather let our actions speak ๐Ÿ˜
  • avii
    avii
    atleast give us some hints ๐Ÿ˜
  • bharathi shekar
    bharathi shekar
    awesome story...๐Ÿ˜€
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    I've read it carefully. It's really impressive.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    HATS OFF TO YOU BIGGIE.

but then why did you register yourself as "big_k" and besides why was the big-k.com named so like that ?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    The_Big_K
    1. I started blogging in April 2005 with nick name 'The Big K' on "#-Link-Snipped-#'. The blog was first hosted on Blogspot, you can see it here: The Big K's - S u p e r b l o g: Flashes of the Obvious . I no longer blog there. I assumed the nick name after watching the kid in TV serial 'Small Wonder' call himself 'The Big J'.

2. The site you see right now is totally different from what it was when it started. It was blue in color and was very simple. I did all the designs. The forum software was earlier powered by PHPBB and now it's on vBulletin.
    oh yes , i used to watch that serial too. that boy was called jamie, and the so-called small wonder was a humanoid robot, which was built to resemble jamie's younger sister.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    zaveri
    HATS OFF TO YOU BIGGIE.

but then why did you register yourself as "big_k" and besides why was the big-k.com named so like that ?
    Just because I liked the name. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hiiee... I am finding problem in understanding the working of a 3 phase 3 pulse cycloconverter... Can sumone please help me.. Thank you Poonam
plannning to do a project oo maglev vehicle. Which book or thread i have to refer,... Please help me,...๐Ÿ˜Ž
A university scholar, Mr. John Smithapproaches his friend a software-testing guru telling him that he has a Bachelor in programming, and now would like to learn the software testing to...
Guys some days back there was a movie based on Facebook... And today on the occasion of 5th Anniversary of CE biggie has just posted its Story... So Ceans, Suppose...
Discuss the Announcement in this thread