The CE Money Challenge !

Hi All CEans!

Here comes the First CE Money Challenge!

Each CEan starts with just 50 bucks (of his/her own; don't ask administrator to lend you money ๐Ÿ˜ ). Now using these 50 bucks, he/she tries to make 1000 bucks. Now let me put it straight -

1. Start with 50 bucks (Source: Your Salary, Pocket Money, Borrowed Money etc. )

2. Using your 'crazy' brain ๐Ÿ˜ , try to make 1000 bucks out of your initial 50 bucks. Do whatever! (ref#3) Put it in share market or buy and sell a CD to your friend maybe you can go to Las Vegas or buy and play a harmonica on streets... whatever! Let the creative juices flow and get crazy ideas to multiply your 50 bucks. Remember 50 bucks -that's all you have to get started!

3. Do NOT use any illegal, unethical means for this task.

4. One who makes 1000 bucks fastest, wins! (No prizes for the winner ๐Ÿ˜€ )

5. Do post your strategy in this thread. Seek help from others and help others. Let's see if we come up with really good ideas of multiplying money ๐Ÿ˜‰

Happy Money Making! ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-

p.s : 'Bucks' is of course generic. 50 bucks refers to Dollars, Euros, Rupees, Yen .... whatever !

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I knew it

I know this thread is going to be down for sometime. :hehehe: .. maybe I'll keep adding some junk like this unless people start popping their ideas. What say people? ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    Ya got me thinkin

Money Challenge 8)

You already got me thinking dude. My not so crazy mind was sleeping :sleeping:

Will get back here with something worth posting ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jerry
  • thw022002
    thw022002
    HaHa! Sound good! A good Idea!
    I like it same as apprentice!
  • s_mankotia
    s_mankotia
    thats easy.......
    first take 50 bucks (U.S.dollar) now go 2 a money exchange (nywhere in ur city) and convert it to another currency of lower value(lets say indian rupee)..... now u cud hav uch more than a thousand bucks of that currency (in my case i made almost 2500 bucks in indian rupee)

now go enjoy
    ๐Ÿ‘

ny quries????????
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • rick
    rick
    ๐Ÿ˜ I knew someone would say this.

I guess the purpose behind this challenge is to generate various ideas of making money with little money.

Few years ago, David(my friend) and I had started a candy shop with a monthly rental of $20. We operated for 2 months and made approx $350 8).
    Calculate the ROI. Impressive? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Target of $1000 starting with $50 is tough, but not impossible. I'm in for it ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Watchout!
  • Shreyas
    Shreyas
    I am in people .... better watchout ๐Ÿ˜€
  • rick
    rick
    Here I am

I made around 150 dollars using my initial investment of 50 dollars.

What did I do? -

My Lawn Mowing Service ๐Ÿ˜€

Biggie may not accept this as I used my old lawn mower. But who cares ๐Ÿ˜‰.

I repaired my old lawn mower which cost me 35 buks (Did it all by myself, I'm a crazy engineer ๐Ÿ˜ ). 15 buks is my service charge ๐Ÿ˜Ž .

My new lawn mowing machine was then lended to a local school for 5 buks / day. I can't believe those morons agreed to pay me 5 buks per day ๐Ÿ˜. they have been using my lawn mower since past one month and I'm making money.

Not a bad start ๐Ÿ˜

Anyone else?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    well done

Good Start Rick ! ๐Ÿ˜€

Rules of the Money Challenge say that you must use only 50 bucks. But I do appreciate your strategy.

Good Going! Looking for more people to join in ! ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-
  • rick
    rick
    anyone listening?

waiting for more ideas. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • crook
    crook
    Nice Thread !

Wow! Fantastic Thread ! ๐Ÿ˜

Count me in fellas. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I'll surely think about something.

At least you guys make me feel using my brain which was otherwise idle since so long ๐Ÿ˜ก
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Think Think !

There you go crook!

The aim of this thread is to make people think. Let's hope that more people join in this thread and come up with fantastic ideas. Do let us know if you come up with some brilliant idea ๐Ÿ˜

So far, Rick did a good job. This thread should also tell us that its not as easy as it looks.

CE Money Challenge Rocks! Say What? ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rick leads!

So far, Rick leads the Money Challenge. GooD JoB RicK ! [โ€‹IMG]

Well, how many of us (who are in college) earn money ( no, not your pocket money) and support themselves :?:

That would be an interesting find. Anyone?

-The Big K-
  • rick
    rick
    dead thread

I have no clue why my favorite thread is dead [โ€‹IMG] . Thank you biggie for not locking this thread ๐Ÿ˜€

Rick
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rick
    I have no clue why my favorite thread is dead [โ€‹IMG] . Thank you biggie for not locking this thread ๐Ÿ˜€

Rick
    Have patience, Rick ๐Ÿ˜ ! I'm quite positive that we will have great ideas over here. Everything takes longer than you expect - said the Murphy.

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This thread makes me nostalgic! ๐Ÿ˜

The purpose behind this thread is to generate better (& legal) ideas to make money. With the current CEan team exceeding 1300, I'm expecting many replies to this dead thread.

All the best [โ€‹IMG] !

-The Big K-
  • Nickhouse
    Nickhouse
    Bugger, I didn't notice clause 3. I brought a gun and robbed a bank, I must start again on this one.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nickhouse
    Bugger, I didn't notice clause 3. I brought a gun and robbed a bank, I must start again on this one.
    Its amazing that you get internet access in Jail ๐Ÿ˜ . I guess we need to redefine the rules and start a similar challenge to get more people interested in it.

-The Big K-
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    Re: Ya got me thinkin

Jerry
    Money Challenge 8)

You already got me thinking dude. My not so crazy mind was sleeping :sleeping:

Will get back here with something worth posting ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jerry
    That was one of my posts. But I still don't have anything to post ๐Ÿ˜” . I can't think these days.
  • crook
    crook
    =Bump=Bump=Bump=

Old thread! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Are you bumping this thread back into action or into oblivion?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Thanks for the bump, guys ๐Ÿ˜› At least it'll give me some motivation to invest wisely.. hmm.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Oh well, I'm nostalgic now ๐Ÿ˜’ !

We had a lot of [offline] discussion on this topic at that time. But now that we are bigger, I am thinking of having such crazy competitions and have sponsored prizes. Not a bad idea after all.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    We had a lot of [offline] discussion on this topic at that time. But now that we are bigger, I am thinking of having such crazy competitions and have sponsored prizes. Not a bad idea after all.
    *rubs chin* ya know.. thats a pretty darn good idea. I'm sure sponsors would like that. Maybe try Motorola? They sponsor our annual intervarsity engineering competitions ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    *rubs chin* ya know.. thats a pretty darn good idea. I'm sure sponsors would like that. Maybe try Motorola? They sponsor our annual intervarsity engineering competitions ๐Ÿ˜€
    Sure ๐Ÿ˜ , trust me, our prizes will be good (and that's why we're taking so long to introduce them ๐Ÿ˜€ )

...and I would rather keep my mouth shut. We all love surprises!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Use the 50 bucks to purchase several male & female deer plus hay. After a few Springs you'll have 1,000 bucks and a few does too!
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    gohm
    Use the 50 bucks to purchase several male & female deer plus hay. After a few Springs you'll have 1,000 bucks and a few does too!
    ๐Ÿ˜
    Curiously, how much is a deer these days?

I think breeding deers is too large of a scale.. rabbits would do ๐Ÿ˜›
  • gohm
    gohm
    Touche Ash, touche. ๐Ÿ˜

Always wondered why young rabbits are called kittens and not fawn? The logic train jumped the tracks with that one... laugh.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    gohm
    Touche Ash, touche. ๐Ÿ˜

Always wondered why young rabbits are called kittens and not fawn? The logic train jumped the tracks with that one... laugh.
    Lol, I actually didn't know that ๐Ÿ˜› More about breeding rabbits here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

As the article says: Good luck in your endeavors to produce fine rabbits!*ahem*

Anyhow, since we have the Google X competition discussion.. is it possible we chip in 50 bucks each for the robot design to get the $30 million dollar prize? That would be a good challenge for sure ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • tdave
    tdave
    Using your 'crazy' brain , try to make 1000 bucks out of your initial 50 bucks
    Well,I almost thinking invest on HYIP ?After long long time,do you guys make it? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I dont have any ideas as of now.
    but today i will take 50 bucks out and will plan to make it 1000 as said by biggie.
    in my college days i was in a high need of money so i worked as a bartender for 1 month and i earned 5k not less rite?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'll start this thread for tips & tricks related to mathematics. Let's not keep the scope of this thread limited to Quantitative section in GRE. Also let's keep Advance Mathematics...
Welcome to the CE Quarrel Zone a.k.a the Debate Center! ๐Ÿ˜€ With Debate Center of CE Lounge, we provide a common place to CEans for Debate. Feel free to start...
Hi Everyone! We are growing rapidly and I'm sure we have a good GRE bunch here. Let everyone know your GRE score with a complete breakup. Get started! ๐Ÿ˜ -The...
Had your dose of GRE? Its time to share your experiences, tips & tricks. Let others benefit from your experience. Got tips about cracking Verbal, Analytical and Quantitative sections? Put...
Hi All ! 'Jobs & Opportunities' section was added to CE forums with no particular aim in mind. But since we got no content to put here ๐Ÿ˜› , do...