The Bat!

So I found this amazing machine called the Bat, featured in the upcoming movie The Dark Knight Rises. A hovercraft, jet, helicopter, all in one! An amazing engineering goes behind the machine. Though it was never used in its function, but the way they has shown it, amuses me. How about tearing it apart and let's see if it can be made in actual practice!

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Can you post the complete information? Images for instance?
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    [​IMG]
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Lot of focus is on the design. Let us keep in mind that as it is featured in movies, it is made more for "Show-Off" rather than "performance".
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    its one hell of an idea. and it does not fly in actual. check out the trailer 3 of TDKR,
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    The kind of machines which are shown in most modern movies are just the results of some high-end imagination and cannot be fabricated in reality.
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    The Batpod was one, but it does work.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    really ?
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    The Osprey CV22 can do basically the same thing i guess. It can take off vertically and also has gas turbine engines for forward thrust. Its like a chopper and airplane in one:
    [​IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Does that machine fly? 😲
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    zaveri
    really ?
    i have every damn thing about that machine found on the internet in my laptop.
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    CE Designer
    The Osprey CV22 can do basically the same thing i guess. It can take off vertically and also has gas turbine engines for forward thrust. Its like a chopper and airplane in one:
    [​IMG]
    this is huge. i'm hoping for something compact. the movie still:
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    this.. underbelly rotors. i'm searching out if the physics is correct. [​IMG]
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    i edited this a while back, a lockheed martin jet. something similar. bat top
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    what i'm trying to find and learn is, can this thing work in real life, if yes how?
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    The_Big_K
    pretty sure does. 😉
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    The_Big_K
    Yep During take off the airfoil blades are in a horizontal orientation like a helicopter and during flight vertical.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Yeah vertical take off and vertical landing plane, has seen this project done by a friend of mine. He said that "this will be india's first vertical landing project." don't know the entire information though. Here are some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The good thing is it's working. 😀
  • engg.ashish
    engg.ashish
    #-Link-Snipped-# looks fantastic 😎
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    Mr.Don
    Yeah vertical take off and vertical landing plane, has seen this project done by a friend of mine. He said that "this will be india's first vertical landing project." don't know the entire information though. Here are some pics.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

images ain't loading. please share again.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    abhijeetkhan
    images ain't loading. please share again.
    Done! 😀
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    Mr.Don
    Done! 😀
    bloody cool.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    #-Link-Snipped-# nice project, is your friend working with a team or individually.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    CE Designer
    #-Link-Snipped-# nice project, is your friend working with a team or individually.
    He was involved in a team of 4 members and with a professor guiding them.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Mr.Don
    Yeah vertical take off and vertical landing plane, has seen this project done by a friend of mine. He said that "this will be india's first vertical landing project." don't know the entire information though. Here are some pics.
    Splendid job! 👍 #-Link-Snipped-# Can you ask him to join CE and share a few insights with engineers here?

PS: Also, you can ask your friend to share a press release of 'India's first vertical landing project' with us. 😉 (if he wants everyone to know that is.)
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    AbraKaDabra
    Splendid job! 👍 #-Link-Snipped-# Can you ask him to join CE and share a few insights with engineers here?

PS: Also, you can ask your friend to share a press release of 'India's first vertical landing project' with us. 😉 (if he wants everyone to know that is.)
    Yeah, already did ask him. He has shown interest and he used to share some of CE's voice posts in FB too but unfortunately I see, he yet still to join CE which he will(for sure) in future. 😀
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    people, again i ask. Underbelly rotors? possible?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am planning to buy a new laptop within the range of 30-35k. But I am confused which brand Laptop will be good. Previously I used HP, and from...
iam done wid 2nd yr.is der somebody out der who s also preparing for gate 2014? seniors..pls help me out in preparing from the scrach..nd for doz preparing for gate...
Recently Samsung galaxy S3 is being launched which features a quadcore processor into it . Does Android Phones really require quad-core processsors or they can function smoothly without them also....
Groundbreaking blend of Jal Shakti with Urja Shakti​ ​A first of its kind, Gujarat will dedicate India’s first 1 MW Canal-top Solar Power Project on the Sanand Branch Canal of...
Yahoo! Inc. has been a troubled company for many years now. All the major news we've been covering about Yahoo is either about product retirements or layoffs. Scott Thompson became...