the actual process of data recovery

we rush for the data recovery as soon as some important files gets deleted up accidentally. but i wonder how the process of recovery actually works out. One thing i listened up is that when we delete the data, the pointers to the memory locations just clear up, not the data on those memory locations, so when we try to occur, it establishes back the pointers and data is recovered. Is this true?? n if yes, then still, HOW!!!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    When a file is 'visually deleted' from the computer; the operating system only removes the 'path' to that file. That means, all the ones and zeroes that made up the file are still there on the drive. The data recovery process involves identifying all those places where your original file was 'actually stored'.

I think computer engineers will be able to answer your query in a much better way. 😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    lovejeet
    One thing i listened up is that when we delete the data, the pointers to the memory locations just clear up, not the data on those memory locations, so when we try to occur, it establishes back the pointers and data is recovered. Is this true?? n if yes, then still, HOW!!!
    yes , only the starting pointer will be deleted. but the whole data is still in disc.
    Its like a house is still there and address is removed from adress directory.Recovery softwares are able to link chunks of deleted files and recover them .
    Now recovery softwares are very optimized and can even recover files which got overwritten as HDD are magnetic disc and intensity of magnetic field help them to recover overwritten files.

Don't know how SSD deals with recovery in overritten files☕
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    ya, but how do re locate back the pointers, that, is, to the starting pointer of the data chunk after being removed.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    See this ... #-Link-Snipped-#
    It will clarify you and you can experiment with it by manually deleting data and recovering them directly from address.👍
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    ianoop
    See this ... #-Link-Snipped-#
    It will clarify you and you can experiment with it by manually deleting data and recovering them directly from address.👍
    Awesome information bro... Would try it out and share the experience! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i wonder which is the better option for summer training, from c-dac mohali or from HCL?? quick responses required.
Hi All crazy engineers !! I am also crazy but only for my passion - Search Engine Optimization. !! lol .!!! Addicted SEO Expert - More than 3500 Website experience...
Though this item is from Dassault Systems about their Solidworks, the story of how the world's fastest electric motorbike was made in months from an idea to winning the race...
Whats your favourite community in this crazy engineers???
(If you can't see this image, please click here) Admit it! You've been through this cycle!