The 2-in-1 Vaio Canvas Z to be launched in Japan and US

It has been quite some time since Vaio has come out with a new laptop or a tablet. Apparently, because Vaio was not generating a lot of profits, the brand was sold to Japan Industrial Partners last year who released few devices in Japan using the brand name. However, the good news for Vaio fans is that a new laptop called Vaio Canvas Z will be released soon in Japan and eventually in United States.

The features of the Canvas Z are such that it can prove to be a competitor to Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3. The screen size of the device is 12.3 inches with a resolution of 2560x1704 pixels. The laptop is 2-in-1 in the sense that it has a detachable keyboard and an active stylus. The stylus seems great as it provides 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity and a minimum parallax. The laptop is expected to give good performance because of its 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-4770HQ processor. Under graphics, it boasts of possessing the Iris Pro Graphics 5200 because of which, it is expected that users will experience 3.3x faster Adobe Photoshop CC (the most graphics consuming application) as compared to Surface Pro 3.

vaio_canvas_z

The device with the keyboard weighs approximately 1.5 kg out of which the tablet weighs 1.2 kg. Under connectivity, the laptop has an Ethernet port, 2 USB 3.0 ports, one 1.4 HDMI output, Mini DisplayPort, audio output, Bluetooth 4.0, one SD card slot and IEEE 802.11 ac/a/n/g wireless LAN. The tablet has an 8 MP rear camera and a 2 MP front camera along with geo and acceleration sensors.

The device that is expected to become available in Japanese markets by next week will come in three variants. The base model with 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD will cost 2050 USD. The second variant with the same RAM but 512 GB SSD will cost 2650 USD and the top model with 16 GB RAM and 1 TB SSD will cost $3,300. Prices might vary from region to region.

Via: VAIO Z Canvas 2-in-1 launches in Japan, will also be sold in the US - Tablets - News - HEXUS.net

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends , My name is munna. currently i am in last semester of my b.tech (ECE), and waiting for final result. in last sem i have done 6 months...
Samsung, the South Korean tech-giant has finally launched Grand Neo Plus in India. Ever since the proliferation of low budget smartphones from Lenovo, Motorola, Xiaomi, etc. in India, Samsung's place...
Hello Ceans My name is Jassem Chouhan 6th semester IT Branch from Kota Rajasthan. I am totally confused about summer training. I want to do in cloud computing in the...
I'm wondering if the convention that the methods that are declared private or protected are required to start with _ aka underscore. Is there any standard naming convention that sets...
The researchers at the University of Maryland (UMD) and Temple University have discovered a new class of magnets called ‘non-Joulian magnets’. The unique property of this kind of magnets is...