Tesla Engineers Are Developing "Solid Metal Snake" Car Chargers

Elon Musk's got lots of crazy ideas and has millions of dollars for bringing them to reality. What's more awesome is that he's been able to build a solid team of engineers that make things for the future. Musk's tweeted that his engineers are actually working on the charger from 22nd century - a solid metal snake like charger that will detect when the car's around and move out of the wall to automatically connect to the charging port on the car. The new charging system will work with the current Model S variants and all the upcoming cars from Tesla Motors.

Tesla-Metal-Gear-Snake-Charger

Musk isn't providing any more details about the system as of now, but in the video embedded below (especially 9:15 sec+) from the P85D event, he hints at possibility of such a system. Of course it's very uncool to manually connect the charger to the charging port of your car; especially if you are a Tesla owner. Check out the video -

We let our creative juices flow to imagine how'd feel like to use the system. Also wouldn't it be great if the system's adopted for chargers for our gadgets? Think of it: You place your phone on the table and the USB that runs from your laptop or desktop automatically connects to the phone and begins charging it! Do let us know your thoughts via comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# (Twitter)

Replies

• Marley Chil
    Marley Chil
    This a very good thing and will provide greater security for Tesla owners
    2015 Start smart. Trend, blend or defend. EV-trend, Hybrid-blend, ICE-defend.

-------------"The Revolution will not be televised", but it will be Electrified-------
    ------As I say you can pay for the Evolution or Jump straight to the Revolution--
    ----------Hybrid lose because EV RULES ---The EV Revolution has begun-----------
  • Rajesh Parashar
    Rajesh Parashar
    We have wireless charging systems for smartphones now. Hopefully the guys in the Tesla kitchens must be working on some wireless charging system for future Tesla models. What it be like you park your car(or Car will park itself!!) & the battery in the car base get the charge from parking ground surface integrated arrangements!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rajesh Parashar
    We have wireless charging systems for smartphones now. Hopefully the guys in the Tesla kitchens must be working on some wireless charging system for future Tesla models. What it be like you park your car(or Car will park itself!!) & the battery in the car base get the charge from parking ground surface integrated arrangements!!
    I think they did work on that already. I've had a chance to visit an Israeli company (which no longer exists) called 'Better Place'. They were working on wireless charging systems for car batteries. I guess they didn't find it a viable solution because wireless charging was slower than traditional way of charging. I'm not 100% sure of this, though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello guys.. i want to implement the message function in web application in my project that means the message should be send to mobiles given in database whenever something is...
Hello Everyone I have recently created an account on this site. Name: Ayush Aggarwal *Engineering Trade: Computer Science Engineering Location: Delhi *Occupation: Student Work Experience: (if applicable): 2 months internship...
The Indian mobile manufacturer, iBall has unveiled its first Windows 8.1 based smartphone- Andi 4L Pulse. The smartphone is listed on the company’s official website but the price and availability...
IHS Engineering360 editors have taken this as their goal for 2015. CE does address all these albeit in a rather ad hoc manner. While risk mitigation is important in manufacturing...
The Cafe may be the best place to put up info on how the Culinary Institute of America is gearing up to print full colour confections. https://insights.globalspec.com/arti...rk=cr4digest&et_rid=419257195&et_mid=72337016