TempTraq Wearable Thermometer Tracks Your Kid’s Body Temperature All Day Unobtrusively

In the era of Internet of Things, the humble thermometer has been given a new avatar with TempTraq. Blue Spark Technologies had introduced the TempTraq at the CES 2015 and have now made it publicly available in the United States. TempTraq is a credit card sized flexible digital thermometer that can be stuck to the underarm of your kids to monitor their fever all day long with the help of the companion smartphone app for Android and iOS. This means that you do not have to wake up your baby at regular intervals to monitor his/her temperature and no matter where you are you will be able to know if your baby’s fever has spiked.

TempTraq 1

So what is exactly inside every TempTraq patch? Well the company is keeping most of its cards close to its chest. We can however tell you that a TempTraq has thin, flexible batteries that can power each strip for up to 24 hours. The obligatory Bluetooth 4.0 LE is used to communicate with the companion smartphone application on any iOS or Android device. The TempTraq can measure temperatures between 86 and 108.3 degrees Fahrenheit and you can add more than one TempTraq sticker data on the smartphone app. This feature will come handy if you have multiple sick children. Akron Children’s Hospital from Ohio provided its expertise in developing TempTraq.

TempTraq 2 TempTraq 3

All this technology comes at a rather steep price of $25 for a single use patch. The TempTraq is up for sale on the company website for the North American region. You can watch the promotional video below and head over to the source link for more information.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi! Does anyone know any free tutorial or other resources to learn basics of DeviceNet, ControlNet and Modbus protocols online? If there are some courses/video series focused towards use of...
I am a Civil Engineering graduate and already have a job in my desired domain. However, I also have a couple of months before the joining date and I was...
Facebook keeps reminding us time and again that they are serious about their user's privacy and security. In a new experimental feature introduced only a couple of days back, Facebook...
Android Auto brings all the cool features of the operating system & its apps to your car. In an announcement made at Google I/O, Indian auto giant Mahindra & Mahindra...
hi, i am deepshikha kaushal and i have completed my b-tech (electronics and communication) in 2014. i got 62% in my engg career. i am looking forward to take a...