Temporary File in C Drive

Hello everyone..

In my laptop C drive a temporary file created automatically name : MSI1f93f.tmp and many files created with such name. I try to delete but am unable to delete them.

Please help me to debug this problem.

Replies

• jyoti gulia
    jyoti gulia
    I think there is no one...who face this problem..because every problem first come in my laptop... 😀
    Well,I get this problem solution:
    Firstly,Click on that temp. file ...go to Properties .
    Here you
  • jyoti gulia
    jyoti gulia
    I think there is no one...who face this problem..because every problem first come in my laptop... 😔

Well,I get this problem solution:
    Firstly,Click on that temp. file ...go to Properties .
    Here you see a option of Security ...click on Continue & allow permission to everyone then Ok.

Now your problem solve.Click on that temp. file & delete it from your PC/Laptop.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Few things you can try -

1. Try deleting the files from your command prompt. use 'del' command and see if it works.

2. It would have been quite useful had you informed us the version of operating system you're using. Assuming that you're using Windows Vista or 7; I think you should check the security permissions for your drive. To do this,
    • Right click on your C drive
    • Click on 'Properties'
    • Look for 'Security' tab
    • In the Group / Username section, select 'Users'
    • Click 'Edit'
    • Make sure 'User' is selected and then grand 'Full Control' -> Allow.
    Once you save the settings, your system is likely to set the new permissions. You should now be able to delete those files.

If you have Windows 7, look at this video -

• jyoti gulia
    jyoti gulia
    Thanks
  • jyoti gulia
    jyoti gulia
    Thanks .But it show following error ..Please see the image.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's not an error. Simply continue it.
  • jyoti gulia
    jyoti gulia
    Sir,In my laptop many around 30/40 files created with named- MSI1f93f.tmp and now I have no option to delete all these files once..
    Now am deleting files one by one ..allow permission then am able to delete file.Can you tell me any shortcut key?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Does select all and delete not work? What error message do you get when you select all those files and delete?
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    m

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello, I got 1100 rank in section A+B in december examination of C-CAT can you please suggest me a accurate strategy to get placed in top ranked C-DAC center?
The world's largest telescope called the 'Thirty Metre Telescope' aka TMT is likely to be installed at Hanle village in Ladakh, India. Back in 2013, we had reported that the...
The leading IT firm L&T Infotech has some exciting opening in their India and Overseas offices. Applicable to freshers/experienced with BE, B-Tech,ME,MCA, M-Tech Candidates with at least 60% in 10th...
A group of researchers from the University of Central Florida has recently found a novel way to enhance the performance of the interior electronic gadget, namely the LCD screen based...
Project Abstract / Summary : Arduino Controlled Lawn Mower We have seen electric and I.C.Engine operated lawn mowers but in India there is hardly anyone who have an idea about...