Telstra sold their NZ bound operations to Vodafona

Australia based Telstra announced on Thursday that it would sell their New Zealand bound operations to Mobile Giant Vodafone. Per Telstra Vodafone can compete easily with the nation's (NZ) dominant telecommunication company Telecom New Zealand.

The deal was said to be finalized in $670 millions.

After this deal Telstra's NZ based fixed telecommunications and data products would be added to Vodafone New Zealand's mobile offering and retail customer base.This take over would give Vodafone a roughly 30 percent of New Zealand's broadband market, that has been largely confined to just mobile services till now.

This would give a good competition to Telecom New Zealand and may be making it as next potential target for take over??

-CB

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi.. I'm working in small s/w company as engineer. I'm involved in software testing and part of development using C# and SQL server. I have completed 2 years and now...
There are a total of 5 caps. 3 Red and 2 White. And there are 3 boys, standing in a line one after the other. Each of the three are...
We all know that header files contain some predefined functions, yes thats exactly true. but we have to know how the program is present in the header files.... header files...
The idea of the project is to create a web application that serves as a help desk in a campus. Abstract: This is an application used to create a help...
The idea is to develop an application that will be used to manage stationary and maintain records about the same. Abstract: This project is aimed at developing a tool for...