TEDx Talk : Jim Zemlin. (A Must Watch For Everyone & especially Developers)

Spare your 18 minutes (or atleast first 8 minutes) & view this TED talk, You're going to learn a lot after watching this video. There is Something you should know no matter which stream Engineer you are!
Believe me.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Argument: Doing what you love may not always put food on the table. 😨
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Survival is important. But once survival needs are taken care of, doing what one loves is the best way to live one's life.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anand Tamariya
    Survival is important. But once survival needs are taken care of, doing what one loves is the best way to live one's life.
    A lot of people do things they don't truly love are passionate about to take care of their survival needs. How will one find time to do what they love?
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A lot of people do things they don't truly love are passionate about to take care of their survival needs. How will one find time to do what they love?
    See if you are fighting for survival, your mind works in fight-or-flight mode. So unless you are dying of hunger, you have to get out of that zone and dream higher to get out of the rut. You might have to live on a little less, but the resulting life would be full of satisfaction. A good example is fellow CEan Roopam Das who is working against adversities to create a life of his dream.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Argument: Doing what you love may not always put food on the table. 😨
    I think,It totally depends in depth of your 'love' (and ofcourse 'action').
    There are people who says 'i will do this & that', but never steps forward to really do that. Direction & balls is what most of the people lacks.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Doing anything for love and survival are different issues. Yes, sometimes it doesn't pay off instantly, but I dont think you would be sad/down/depressed if you are doing what you love.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    for few it doesnot matter. they are happy by earning money -so all work is equal. for the rest of them, the unfortunates, it does matter doing what they love to do irrespective of money in it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    tweet-linuxfoundation
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    At starting of OpenSource software, I doubt any one would have think that these guys will make money from distributing free stuffs. But now it's openSource which is dominating the field.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Free software is matter of Freedom, not price.
    Like I said before, few years more & Opensource softwares & especially Linux based distributions will dominate the computer world.

But, It's kinda sad to see that the country which produces 70% of world developers don't even contribute anything worthy in Opensource community. (Few does though, very few!)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

IDoc stands for Intermediate Document in SAP. It is nothing but a SAP Document format that is used for Business transaction data transfers. For us technical people, we can understand...
India’s leading direct satellite television provider Tata Sky has announced its live TV streaming service titled ‘Everywhere TV’. On its official website it mentions about apps for iPhone and iPad...
Indian people now have a Google Street View alternative. Launched on 15th October and called WoNoBo.com, it is India's city-by-city travel and local guide that offers a 360 degree view...
Hello all I'm attending a course about computer architectures, and in the course material it is written that in the deprecated model of parallel machines used to launch instructions that...
My phone (like me) is nowhwhere near smart. Those who do have a smart phone and time to kill this may be an interesting exercise: https://www.instructables.com/id/10-Minute-Mini-3D-Projection/?ALLSTEPS