Technology Has Destroyed My Sleep!

There are moments when I really hate technology and wish if we had never invented computers, mobile phones, tablets, Internet, television and so on. Technology advancements have turned me into a 'screenager'.

I stare at some screen for most part of the day. It's so much a part of my life that I can't go to sleep without checking mails on my phone. I spend time reading stuff and also writing about it via VoiCE.

The result is that my sleeping hours have reduced and I'm aware that it's not good for my health.

Technology has destroyed my sleep ๐Ÿ˜ก

Replies

• andyKane
    andyKane
    Completely agree! The more digital its getting, the more unhealthier it will be. These days, even I feel that its becoming too much! We are going away from the nature. And I am not actually liking it ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Yes biggie true said ๐Ÿ˜€ see the nocturnal guys still hunting for thread ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Heck I'm in front of a new screen now, typing stuff and reading ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hey Biggie,
    I agree with you.Life is becoming digital at a very fast pace. After a few days young boys will say ,"That girl looks very good.See her she is of 1600Mega Pixels".

lol any ways but great joke.:razz:

(P.S : Any way I am not like those people,I won't say any thing about girls.I respect them.)
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I agree with you biggie... Moreover, I am allergic to cell phone radiations. In the sense, I get a disturbed sleep, if any radiating device is near me. Another thing is, people cannot go to my room unless they are protected from radiations arising out of the devices in my room! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah. I am nodding in agreement. It has ruined my sleep. I start my day watching screens and end my day by setting up alarm in my cellphone which is again a screen! ๐Ÿ˜”

We are all screenagers.. ๐Ÿ˜ Being a computer science engineer, I don't see any way out of this.
    What do you say about my situation? I am 24 hours in front of the screen, plus, my office work too! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Sleep deprivation started when I started my graduation , circuits , CRO (screen) , Computer , bread board etc etc...

Now after education then I am almost in front of screen for 16-18 hrs a day!

So I too agree ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    Like we all know everything int he world has it's pros and cons but it's all up to us what to make of it. My father constantly keeps bugging me when I type messages while having dinner or while in a middle of discussing some stuff with my family.

We have to think for ourselves about how technology is going to affect us. We are the masters of our lives after all! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Nion
    Like we all know everything int he world has it's pros and cons but it's all up to us what to make of it. My father constantly keeps bugging me when I type messages while having dinner or while in a middle of discussing some stuff with my family.

We have to think for ourselves about how technology is going to affect us. We are the masters of our lives after all! ๐Ÿ˜€
    The situation in my home is, sleep at 10, else, don come to bedroom! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    agreed but its the our life's going.
    The three mistakes of my life can be said as this way:
    1. Taking up Engineering. ๐Ÿ˜”
    2. Joining an MNC. ๐Ÿ˜”
    3. Having good passion on development! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    praveenscience
    The three mistakes of my life can be said as this way:
    1. Taking up Engineering. ๐Ÿ˜”
    2. Joining an MNC. ๐Ÿ˜”
    3. Having good passion on development! ๐Ÿ˜”
    These 3 things will never prove to be mistakes Praveen. Isn't it.
    dileep k
    These 3 things will never prove to be mistakes Praveen. Isn't it.
    May be not the 3rd one... But first two are serious mistakes... By the way, my health is also important dude, I am already in front of the computer for about 18 hrs a day,,,
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    praveenscience
    May be not the 3rd one... But first two are serious mistakes... By the way, my health is also important dude, I am already in front of the computer for about 18 hrs a day,,,
    18 hours a day.You have got serious problem.For me it can be 5hours maximum and 30 minutes minimum.
    dileep k
    18 hours a day.You have got serious problem.For me it can be 5hours maximum and 30 minutes minimum.
    Lucky that you can have a good sleep... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    Yes I do agree this point of view of Biggie but still look at the brighter side guys its got so many good things too..... ๐Ÿ˜€ I cannot live with out my computer ๐Ÿ˜‰

-Arvind
    Check this out... #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Hmm, How can I say I won't agree. Still I am online ๐Ÿ˜”
    Trend changed, Life changed, People changed, Time changed!
  • lal
    lal
    I cant say technology kills my sleep. because I sleep at least 7 hours a day. No compromise on that. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Anyway i have no complaints and no changes need
    i do as my wish
    i will be before my system for 5 hours when i had college and on holidays 8 hours and i will sleep for 8 hours almost even i had college or not
    If we plan our time for the work life balance, I guess it is possible. Stay healthy wealthy and wise... ๐Ÿ˜€

Quick Question: Where does this stanza come? Stay healthy wealthy and wise... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Things got worse for me when I started visualizing my inbox filled with 'expected' mails while trying to sleep ๐Ÿ˜›
    The_Big_K
    Things got worse for me when I started visualizing my inbox filled with 'expected' mails while trying to sleep ๐Ÿ˜›
    Did you get any expected mail atleast???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praveenscience
    Did you get any expected mail atleast???
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no, sometimes completely unexpected ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Ha ha... Same here...
    You won't believe! For the first time in my life, a cloooooose friend of mine asked me for a favour. I agreed immediately and finally I found to be down with fever! I was waiting for her online presence, inspite of that and asked my friends to call her and get the status, as I am a guy and cannot call a girl's home like that. After a few calls to my friend, she said she will be coming in 2 mins. Finally after 200 mins she came and we had the conversation... Woah man!!! The next few days I was literally hospitalised because of the tension and expectations!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Completely agree with all.
    Before starting my engineering, I used to have a 7-8 hour sound sleep and enjoyed a quality time with my family.๐Ÿ˜€
    But now it has reduced to just 5 hour sleep. I've even sometimes remained without a single minute sleep for 2 days or so in order to complete my projects.๐Ÿ˜”
    Now I don't spend much time talking and discussing with my family. I now have no idea what's new is going on in my family and family business.๐Ÿ˜ญ
    Deepika Bansal
    Completely agree with all.
    Before starting my engineering, I used to have a 7-8 hour sound sleep and enjoyed a quality time with my family.๐Ÿ˜€
    But now it has reduced to just 5 hour sleep. I've even sometimes remained without a single minute sleep for 2 days or so in order to complete my projects.๐Ÿ˜”
    Now I don't spend much time talking and discussing with my family. I now have no idea what's new is going on in my family and family business.๐Ÿ˜ญ
    You are atleast in the college... Now am in the job and no sleep... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    praveenscience
    Check this out... #-Link-Snipped-#

That one is real lesson to learn. Sleep is very important for all of us.

A University of California, San Diego psychiatry study of more than one million adults found that people who live the longest self-report sleeping for six to seven hours each night.
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    lal
    I cant say technology kills my sleep. because I sleep at least 7 hours a day. No compromise on that. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    That's very good habit lal
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Yes you are right Praveen. I fear what will happen during my Infosys training at mysore.๐Ÿ˜”
    I heard that their training and tests are quite difficult.
    Frooty
    That one is real lesson to learn. Sleep is very important for all of us.

A University of California, San Diego psychiatry study of more than one million adults found that people who live the longest self-report sleeping for six to seven hours each night.
    I heard in some place that, the punishment given by the police or officials is, the one punished shouldn't sleep for several days, but he is allowed to do anything, like he gets what he wants, except sleep. So, sleep is really important... ๐Ÿ˜€
    Deepika Bansal
    Yes you are right Praveen. I fear what will happen during my Infosys training at mysore.๐Ÿ˜”
    I heard that their training and tests are quite difficult.
    Infy wow cool!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ You didn't say about this to us!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    praveenscience
    Infy wow cool!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ You didn't say about this to us!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
    Yeah but I discussed that with CE on the very day I got placed. Check out #-Link-Snipped-#. You are late praveen. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Joining is after my last sem final exams.
    Deepika Bansal
    Yeah but I discussed that with CE on the very day I got placed. Check out #-Link-Snipped-#. You are late praveen. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Joining is after my last sem final exams.
    May be I haven't noticed it... Sorry... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    praveenscience
    May be I haven't noticed it... Sorry... ๐Ÿ˜”
    Its perfectly OK mate. You joined CE late. Enjoy. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Why don't you share your interview experience.๐Ÿ˜€
  • andyKane
    andyKane
    BTW doesn't matter to me! Actually I sleep for 8 hours almost daily! I get to sleep less only a day prior to the exam paper ๐Ÿ˜”
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    ๐Ÿ˜ก@ ishu topre: bad joke
    yeah the more the technical advancements the more we are cut off from the nature. this is the reason life expectancy is reducing now a days๐Ÿ˜”
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Technology is at times really frustrating.
  • sachleen
    sachleen
    but it's also true that technology makes our life better..and better..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are always two sides of the coin ๐Ÿ˜€ . It's just matter of discipline. Otherwise, Technology is like a Black-Hole. Once you're in, you can't get out. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    The_Big_K
    There are always two sides of the coin ๐Ÿ˜€ . It's just matter of discipline. Otherwise, Technology is like a Black-Hole. Once you're in, you can't get out. ๐Ÿ˜›
    hehehe thats really awesome and truth
  • sachleen
    sachleen
    well said nion.....
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    [video=youtube;Q2DY6jWT2a4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2DY6jWT2a4[/video]

If the technology goes on like this, you will be struck in between numbers, so much so that you will not even be able to order a pizza.
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    This is one great article I've found: Lifehacker | Do everything better.
    A must read article for all those whose sleep has been destroyed by the technology and want to get back to normal routine.
  • sau
    sau
    Nion

totally agreed! I face the same thing..i even have to hear about spending time on the internet. ๐Ÿ˜ก
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    We need some advice from our resident old-school guru Gohm on technology independence ๐Ÿ˜›

ishutopre
    If the technology goes on like this, you will be struck in between numbers, so much so that you will not even be able to order a pizza.
    Talking about pizza, these days I have it delivered to my house via online order ๐Ÿ˜€
    I just wanted to share this here... #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    I usually get sufficient sleep but for last seven days while writing this Dangerous Technologies I kept on thinking about it almost the entire day. Really this Dangerous Technologies had destroyed my sleep ๐Ÿ˜›
    See those movies, esp. 13B and Final Destination Series in the midnight... You will sleep permanently... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    I usually see more horror movies praveen. Got used to it. In Andhra we have a special person who do some horror movies.(hint:He can fire bullet from his mouth.)
    dileep k
    I usually see more horror movies praveen. Got used to it. In Andhra we have a special person who do some horror movies.(hint:He can fire bullet from his mouth.)
    Names Removed ๐Ÿ˜€ Yeyyee!!!
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    @Praveen Hey Don't say the names recently they filed a case. Be careful. ๐Ÿ˜€
    dileep k
    @Praveen Hey Don't say the names recently they filed a case. Be careful. ๐Ÿ˜€
    What I said was right na?
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    praveenscience
    What I said was right na?
    Haha. Everyone knows here.
    Apart from all these, I wanna say this...
    [video=youtube;6Cf7IL_eZ38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cf7IL_eZ38[/video]
    What can be said for this?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Japanese Skelectonics have developed this exoskeleton that doesn't use motors or hydraulics as you'd expect. Yet, it's capable of doing lot of things as you'll see in following video....
Google Maps Beta Google Maps Navigation for mobile will now automatically track the traffic on your routes and then find you the best alternative way. Check out details here: Youโ€™ve...
Sumeet Anand is the founder of Kreeo that works in Enterprise 2.0 and collective intelligence domain. Following video by Sumeet shows a story of a startup from 'start' to 'success'....
From the release of iPad until now has been almost one week. Many people are thinking about whether to buy a new iPad. iPad 2 will debut on March 11....
One simple doubt in terms of uploading and downloading from internet.. Which Uses more bandwidth...UPLOAD OR DOWNLOAD...a content of same size.. OR IS IT MERELY THE SAME??