Technical Startup Ideas

I am Mechanical graduate looking for a technical startup in hills of Uttarakhand .Can anyone please suggest me what niche could be explored  ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Are you looking to join a startup or start a new one? What domain are you interested in? Do you have any prior experience of starting a business? 

PS: Describing your requirements / question in detail will help us help you better. 

• Mayank bisht
    Mayank bisht

Sir actually we started a business on arts and crafts but couldn't get the required funding going. Since in India arts and craft are not that valued ,so it's a slow burner .Looking for a own startup that can work in the hills of Uttarakhand. Can be technical or a non technical one.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

I think the right place for this question is in #-Link-Snipped-# . Join the group and I'm sure you'll find lot of suggestions.

That said, you will first need to narrow down your domain. There can be 1000s of ideas; and we'll need to find out what are you comfortable with. Also, you will need to inform about the financial readiness. 

In the non-technical one; I'd recommend starting a hang-gliding or para-sailing institute. In the technical one, you could pick any that suits your technical knowledge and prior experience. 

PS: Frankly speaking, you will need to narrow down your domain to a specific one that you are comfortable working in; and then start looking for ideas. You could also share the ideas that you've explored so far and get opinion from others. As I said, join the Startup Enthusiasts group and I'm sure you'll find a lot of good suggestions for your questions in it. Alll the best. 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

As #-Link-Snipped-# said above adventure sports like hang-gliding or para-gliding are good options.conducted tours with all terrain vehicles may attract tourists to go to places inaccessible to normal vehicles.

There may be scope for developing a low cost low power hydro-electric generating sets for remote locations with access to flowing water or water at an altitude.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Wind in the hilly area could be used, say to generate electricity. But this is likely to require some investment. Think about the problems that people in the hilly area face and find out solutions. 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Mayank bisht
    Mayank bisht

Tourism is the most sought after niche in the hills .The local population is not that much so need to connnect to something that can be engaging and at the same can be done within decent investments. The biggest problem faced by hills is unemployment .Since the place is devoid of industries and other sectors .So mass migration of youth take place every year. 

• Mayank bisht
    Mayank bisht

Ramani sir I went through the PDF but couldn't understand the procedure as it is quite ambiguous .

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

#-Link-Snipped-# , try contacting #-Link-Snipped-#

and ask for the procedure for individual developers to get support for micro Hyde’s plants.

• Advaita Homes
    Advaita Homes

hi sir thanks for the information.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am self interpreter. actually i have just started up an engineering work shop in gujarat. its SWASTIK ENGINEERING -PALASANA. THERE IS TOO MANY CIRCUMSTANCES AND Problems i have facing...
hello friend,i am from SWASTIK ENGINEERING. actually , i wanted to know thathow can i controll SOx and NOx from boiler flue gas without using catalyc convertor.? in short which...
how c programms is going to be applied for mechanical engineering
how to find number plate region from a vehicle image using machine learning?
using some speech engines like espeak......How to do that in pi.Is it possible to do with some open source.Not an engineering student.A student of class 11 biology science