Technical Resumes Help

hi all I am here to find out the technical resume tips. If you have any suggestion feel free to replay. I saw many resume which is not well formatted so because of this might be rejected so I decided to introduce this thread so usefull user will get necessary information. You can post here you personal experience and link also.

Cheer
Brad John

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to Careers/Jobs section.

There's one master tip: Keep it short, simple and honest.
  • TheV
    TheV
    There are different way of writing Resume but the things that should be kept in mind is what our admin told to be sweet and simple.
    Here I am writing the complete procedure of writing a resume.

Resume format :
    Write your resume in clean and easy English language. Use word processor to write your CV.

Resume size:
    The size of the resume must not exceed more than 3 pages. It's better to complete in 2 page if possible.

Exclusive Mail IDs:
    Use only one e-mail id(also can add alternate id). Write that e-mail id which is only kept for the purpose of recruitment. Don't use that e-mail id which is for any groups subscription or community. If you want to use two ids don't write e-mail id1 and e-mail id2 instead use the alternate word.

Write your contact on the top right not at the bottom. Write full contact address, phone number, mail id and alternate id.

Personal details:
    Write the personal details which mention full name, guardians name ,date of birth, Permanent address.

Educational details:
    Write the education details from 10th to highest qualification. Write in top down approach i.e. first the highest qualification and then lower one. Mention qualification, college, university, duration of course, aggregate percentage.

Skills:
    In this section you can write programming languages you know and subject of interest.

Training and projects:
    Mention the all technical training and duration, done by you. Mention minor or major project you have done. (question may be asked from here so better to revise you projects). Mention the following attributes :-
    * Project Name, Team Size, Client Name, Duration of Project.
    * Short description of project (Not more than 5 to 6 lines).
    * Your role in project (This is very important).
    * Technologies used in project.

Hobbies:
    Don't mention any hobby that you don't have detail idea about.

You can also mention past achievements and positive points.......

Points to Remember:

1) Use simple English language.
    2) Don't write lengthy story-like resume b'cos interviewer hardly have 1 min of glance on your CV.
    3) Write clear and good format you can also refer to the sample resume that may help you.
    4) Should check all spelling and grammar mistakes.
    5) Use the bullets to points the important points don't use fancy fonts and size of font also kept constant (not changes point to point).

Please add and topic which is missed out and correct me where I am wrong ..
    Thank you.....😁😁😁
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Great work Thev.....
    3 of our Ceans has already prepared one resume format for freshersπŸ˜€....... I used that only for my recent interview.........
    I am not able to find the link right now.....πŸ˜’
  • brad12
    brad12
    he Thev thanks for your valuable replay........
  • phillipturner
    phillipturner
    There is nothing much difference between between resumes meant for different job profiles. The matter which goes important is your skills, education and experience where the difference seems. One more important thing I would like to focus is- never put such skills of which you are not familiar well enough. HR persons are very cleaver you can be caught and it can be a reason for bad impressions.
  • Alan cruiser
    Alan cruiser
    If you are an experienced professional then it is advised to choose chronological resume format.If you are a fresher then choose a simple one.There are many job related sites where you can find various formats ,where you can choose your format according to you.
  • phillipturner
    phillipturner
    The v has given very useful information, but you can not ignore power words and key words for your resume. It is the most important parameter for your resume. Most automated systems retrieve your profile on its basis.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    Just be honest while preparing any resume. This is the main tip for it. Write only those things which you know in real. One of friend did this just for making his resume stronger and when asked for, he was just πŸ˜•.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    born_star16
    Just be honest while preparing any resume. This is the main tip for it. Write only those things which you know in real. One of friend did this just for making his resume stronger and when asked for, he was just πŸ˜•.
    Well, that's common sense. However I agree that there are several people who look awesome in their resume but are complete morons in their real life. The key is to mention what you know and you can defend. πŸ˜€
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    Ya Big K that's common sense but still people try to fool the interview panel (as you said) with their resume.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    born_star16
    Ya Big K that's common sense but still people try to fool the interview panel (as you said) with their resume.
    People only think that they are fooling the interviewers. In reality, interviewer can catch your lie within a minute or two or just by asking few tricky questions. I've caught several liars and have thrown them out of the boardroom.

The point is - a job that you get with a lie does not make anyone happy - neither you, nor the employer. Why not just be honest and give your best? πŸ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    i did notice it, when you show genuine interest intervieiwers really consider your application. Never ever lie in resume nor in interview

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We have all experienced that the flow of traffic on a highway is a sensitive function of its volume. Whenever the traffic density reaches a certain level, hold-ups begin to...
A complex processor architecture (unlike the CISC) has a rich instruction set in terms of addressing modes and instructions. Goal of this project would be to simulate such a processor...
Debate Topics Collection (All these topics have been discussed on CE over the span of last 5 years) Have a look: Is BE+MBA a better saleable combination today? | CrazyEngineers...
Dear all, As Praveena211 cannot log in(her internet connection is not working), I am posting on behalf. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. Praveena got selected in CTS and Infosys in a...
With engineering colleges popping up in every parts of the country like mushrooms, I seriously doubt whether the overall quality of engineers 'produced' in India is degrading. I personally see...