Technical Paper Presentation General Format

Following is the general format for technical paper presentation followed by major engineering colleges and technical institutions:

Use the word “Abstract” as the title, in 12-point Times, boldface type, centered relative to the column, initially capitalized. The abstract is to be in 10-point, single-spaced type. Leave two blank lines after the abstract, and then begin the main text.

Abstract should not be more than 200 words.

1) Main Title
The main title (on the first page) should begin 1-3/8 inches (3.49 cm) from the top edge of the page, centered, and in Times 14-point, boldface type. Leave two blank lines after the title.

2) Author names and affiliations are to be centered beneath the title and printed in Times 12-point, non-boldface type. Multiple authors may be shown in a two- or three-column format, with their affiliations below their respective names. Affiliations are to be centered below each author name, italicized, not bold. Include e-mail addresses if possible. Author information should be followed by two blank lines before main text.

3) Type your main text in 10-point Times, single-spaced. Do not use double-spacing. Be sure your text is fully justified—that is, flush left and flush right. Please do not place any additional blank lines between paragraphs.

4) First-order headings, for example, ”1.Introduction” , should be Times 12-point boldface, initially capitalized, flush left, with one blank line before, and one blank line after. Use a period (“.”) after the heading number, not a colon.

5) Second-order headings should be Times 11-point boldface, initially capitalized, flush left, with one blank line before, and one after.

6) References
List and number all bibliographical references in 9-point Times, single-spaced, at the end of your paper. When referenced in the text, enclose the citation number in square brackets. Where appropriate, include the name(s) of editors of referenced books.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Awesome! Sticking the thread 😀
  • Reya
    Reya
    @AKD:Where th images related to the topic should be placed either on the left side or right side of the page?

can we place the image on the left side and its related content to the right side?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yes, We can put the image on the left and put it's description on the right.

But I would recommend putting the image in the centre with relevant pointers and write the description immediately following it.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Thanks for the information AKD😀I always prefer placing the image on the left and its content on the right and present it!
  • nageshwaran
    nageshwaran
    I am doing my 3rd yr in IT..... can u suggest some valuable topics for the paper presentation...
  • Chinu1
    Chinu1
    can u suggest some valuable topics for the paper presentation
    Cloud computing, Security keys, networking are very good topics of paper presentation. I also done my paper presentation on cloud computing. Its very good topic and innovative topic and its related to your branch.
  • karmen_21
    karmen_21
    do we need to put appendix for graphs, charts and tables?
    how we write the references? do write it as name, book, college. for example
    #-Link-Snipped-#." Elevator Group Control". Mechatronics Engineering Department, University of Jordan, Amman 11942, Jordan."
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    karmen_21
    do we need to put appendix for graphs, charts and tables?
    how we write the references? do write it as name, book, college. for example
    #-Link-Snipped-#." Elevator Group Control". Mechatronics Engineering Department, University of Jordan, Amman 11942, Jordan."
    The book name rather be before the author that is a neat way of presenting

Next appendices are not a must but providing additional info in them is worth it
  • zeeshanaayan07
    zeeshanaayan07
    Great tips for about presentaton in a general formation... Good
  • spectracular
    spectracular
    could you suggest a few good topics for paper presentation for EC?
  • sai charan adurthi
    sai charan adurthi
    can anyone please upload a file of abstract's prototype and clearly explain me the difference between the abstract and entire IEEE paper of 6 or 4 pages
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# I am not sure if I understand your question correctly.

You can check a sample IEEE format here: #-Link-Snipped-#

^If that doesn't explain much there are plenty of other formats available for free. Do you want to discuss the essentials for a paper's format to adhere the requirements set by IEEE folks?
  • ManojKiran Eda
    ManojKiran Eda
    spectracular
    could you suggest a few good topics for paper presentation for EC?
    Power line communication(Related to Communication),Swarm Robotics(Related to Artificial intelligence),Visual light communication(related to communication),Time Domain reflectometry(Related to electromegnetics),Latest techniques,Facial recognition(related to image processing),Witricity(Related to Electrical but very interesting paper).
  • dhaval shindhal
    dhaval shindhal
    can anyone suggest me the best topics for presentation on electronics engineering????????????
  • sangeetha sivashankaran
    sangeetha sivashankaran
    I am a computer science engger . i will do my 1st ppt. so,can anyone send a sample IEEE format for paper presentation please??????
  • ManojKiran Eda
    ManojKiran Eda
    You can download the IEEE format from the below link #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • priya mule
    priya mule
    Is there any upcoming digital signal processing technology for fir filters for gaining information on it
  • siva sathya
    siva sathya
    hii..
    am gng to do my frst paper
    can anyone suggst me a good n easy topic for my paper 4 biomedical engg.
  • Gokul Krishnan
    Gokul Krishnan
    Can many technologies be included in a single paper?
  • bikash joshi
    bikash joshi
    headings like ..... introduction,objective,existing technology,drawbacks for et,topic,advantage,application,conclusion......... i think this r something we've to remember while preparing presentation......
  • bikash joshi
    bikash joshi
    headings like ..... introduction,objective,existing technology,drawbacks for et,topic,advantage,application,conclusion......... i think this r something we've to remember while preparing presentation......
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Gokul Sam
    Can many technologies be included in a single paper?
    The answer is yes. If any one has any queries about submitting a technical paper please post them here. We will try our best to bring solutions.
  • Palak Davda
    Palak Davda
    Hi,I am in 2nd year diploma in Computer Engineering . On what topic can I create Technical Paper presentation (tpp)?
  • Dhana lakshmi
    Dhana lakshmi
    Chinu1
    Cloud computing, Security keys, networking are very good topics of paper presentation. I also done my paper presentation on cloud computing. Its very good topic and innovative topic and its related to your branch.

Hi dear,
    Tat my suggestion s u can move towards bigdata,IOT,lifi bcz I m doin my 2nd year.so I decided to do thz so u can also select it.thn cyber network,
  • Kirti Motwani
    Kirti Motwani
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Awesome! Sticking the thread 😀
    I need a help
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Can you add some useful suggestions for fellow engineers here? It's important that engineers here from someone who has been there done that?

Folks our friend Debasmita has shared a super useful guide about this. Check it out here - How to write a Scientific Research Paper - A step by step guide

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Kryptoz'11 - A National Level Technical Competition will be organized by Electronics and Communication Engineering Association, PSG College of Technology on 8th and 9th January 2011. The objective of this...
Is power loss in bjt Vce*Ic? :smile: It is..but i dont know Why:smile:?? there must be some loss due to Ib(Base current also) though i completely agree it is a...
As per the orders of the Min. of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, the online examination would be conducted for a maximum of 1.0 lac candidates in BE/B.Tech only...
The 10th All India Engineering/Architecture Entrance Examination (offline/pen & paper), 2011 to be conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education has been rescheduled from 24.04.2011 to 01.05.2011 (Sunday) due to...
Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2011 by applying in the prescribed application form online. Complete the application form Online at BITS Admissions and take the print out of...