TCS to set up software campus in Nagpur

Tata Group's IT arm, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) will set up a software development unit at Nagpur in Maharashtra with an initial investment of Rs 600 crore. The new unit will generate employment for over 8,200 professional, the company said in a filing with the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Monday.
The campus will be located on a 54-acre property in Mihan Special Economic Zone (SEZ) near Nagpur. The foundation stone laying ceremony for the phase-1 of the project was held in presence of state chief minister, Prithviraj Chavan.
Once the project is completed, the campus will accommodate 16,000 associates, the filing added. "Nagpur has the potential to become the next big hub for knowledge-based industries like IT and engineering with its strong eco-system of universities, talented people and infrastructure," said N Chandrasekaran, CEO and MD, TCS.

The first phase of the project would offer IT services and BPO services. "Our growing presence in Maharashtra continues to be of strategic importance for our overall business growth and we remain committed to working in close collaboration with the all stakeholders in the state to help development of local talent and provide our customers with the world-class IT solutions from this location," the statement quoted Chandrasakaran as saying.
Apart from work-class offices, the TCS campus will have customer collaboration centers, cafeterias, gymnasiums and outdoor sports facilities to offer a holistic environment to knowledge professionals, the statement further stated. Built with locally sourced materials and with an eye on sustainability, the campus will encompass water conservation and energy saving features and will be a zero-discharge facility, it said.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

A new Software Hub at Nagpur

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think they're only going to offer BPO services. I'm not sure how long will it take for them to start the IT services. Large number of Software engineers are willing to migrate to central India.
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    The_Big_K
    I think they're only going to offer BPO services. I'm not sure how long will it take for them to start the IT services. Large number of Software engineers are willing to migrate to central India.
    No it would offer IT services too but at a smaller scale
    will gradually increase from the next phase
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I heard that branch offers ITIS Services! It is IT Infrastructure Services!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    I heard that branch offers ITIS Services! It is IT Infrastructure Services!
    Not sure. What I've been hearing that the company is planning to start a BPO. Not at all sure about ITIS. Does anyone know?
    I will try to get the information tomorrow! 😀
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    yeah i heard this news. I think its for IT Services also..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let's hope the IT companies create a new hub in central India. The only 'big' IT company in central India at present is Persistent Systems Limited. They recently constructed a big facility in the heart of the city. The IT hub could be a sub-part of the bigger MIHAN project and to the best of my knowledge, many IT companies have already booked large pieces of land in the SEZ. Let's hope that they setup their campuses soon.

PS: ...and then we'll recruit engineers from these companies.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Yeah rightly said. Infosys & Ericsson has also started the construction of their new building in India 😀
    TCS To Set Up Rs 6 Billion Software Development Campus In Nagpur

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), a leading IT service provider, planned to build a large software development campus in Nagpur (Maharashtra, India). TCS invests around Rs 600 crore (Rs 6 Billion) over this new campus, which can employ 8,200 IT professionals in Nagpur.

The place where this campus is going to be constructed is a 54-acre property in the Mihan SEZ on the city suburb of Nagpur. Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan laid the foundation stone along with the Minister for Social Justice, Shivajirao Moghe.

N Chandrasekaran, CEO & MD, TCS, said, “Nagpur has the potential to become the next big hub for knowledge-based industries like IT and engineering with its strong ecosystem of universities, talented people and infrastructure. After Mumbai and Pune where we employ over 40,000 people, we are delighted to be part of the IT revolution in Nagpur. Our growing presence in Maharashtra continues to be of strategic importance for our overall business growth and we remain committed to working in close collaboration with all stakeholders in the state to help development of local talent and provide our customers with world-class IT solutions from this location.”

He added, “On behalf of TCS, I would like to thank the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra for making time for this auspicious function. We would not have been able to commence this project without the help of the Maharashtra government officials including the MADC officials in Nagpur whose energy and commitment to this project has helped make it a reality.”

TCS will build this campus in two phases, with both the phase covering 8,200 seats for IT services and BPO services individually. A great care will be taken on environment while building this campus with water conservation, energy saving features and with a zero-discharge facility.
    It has been covered in the TCS Press Release at #-Link-Snipped-#.

TCS to set up large software development campus in Nagpur
    • Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan lays the foundation stone
    • Phase I investment put at Rs 600 crore (Rs 6 billion)
    • TCS to employ 8,200 IT professionals in Nagpur
    Nagpur, India, December 19, 2011: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS), a leading IT services, consulting and business solutions firm, announced that it will expand its operations in the state of Maharashtra by building a new software development campus in Nagpur with an investment of Rs 600 crore (Rs 6 billion) in the first phase.

The TCS Nagpur Campus will be located on a 54-acre property in the Mihan SEZ on the outskirts of the city. The Hon’ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Prithviraj Chavan was present to preside over this occasion and laid the foundation stone for Phase I at a ceremony held at the site of the campus today. He was joined by other dignitaries from the city.

Also present on the occasion was Hon’ble Minister for Social Justice, Shivajirao Moghe.

Once the two phases are completed, the state-of-the-art TCS campus will house 16,000 associates in the facility built with a strong environment-friendly design. Apart from world-class offices, it will have customer collaboration centers, cafeterias, gymnasiums and outdoor sports facilities to offer a holistic environment to knowledge professionals.

N Chandrasekaran, CEO & MD, TCS, said, “Nagpur has the potential to become the next big hub for knowledge-based industries like IT and engineering with its strong ecosystem of universities, talented people and infrastructure. After Mumbai and Pune where we employ over 40,000 people, we are delighted to be part of the IT revolution in Nagpur. Our growing presence in Maharashtra continues to be of strategic importance for our overall business growth and we remain committed to working in close collaboration with all stakeholders in the state to help development of local talent and provide our customers with world-class IT solutions from this location.”

He added, “On behalf of TCS, I would like to thank the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra for making time for this auspicious function. We would not have been able to commence this project without the help of the Maharashtra government officials including the MADC officials in Nagpur whose energy and commitment to this project has helped make it a reality.”

The campus will be built in two phases with Phase I containing 8,200 seats for IT services and BPO services. Phase II will be of a similar size. Built with locally sourced materials and with an eye on sustainability, the campus will encompass water conservation and energy saving features and be a zero-discharge facility.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Are BPO employees called IT professionals?
    The_Big_K
    Are BPO employees called IT professionals?
    Nopes! BPOs are called BPOs only. In technical side, there are two divisions. IT and ITIS! IT is where people do coding and stuff and in ITIS deals with installation, configuration, software and hardware... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple is reportedly working on the next generation of Television and we may soon have Apple branded TV; iTV will support wireless streaming. Apple is said to be in talks...
I've designed a Html webpage with a form containing some 10 fields with its validations in JavaScript. It's perfectly working in Chrome but not in Opera, Firefox, IE. Don't know...
Google's ex-CEO and now the executive chairman Mr. Eric Schmidt has confirmed that Google is working on their own branded tablet and it will be released next year; within next...
Zealiche 2012 is a Technical Symposium organized by Sengunthar Engineering College. It is national level technical fest organized by department of Chemical Engineering for the benefit of students across the...
BSNL is offering fancy aka premium mobile numbers free of cost through an online tool. You can now select your premium phone number online through BSNL's website. If you do...