TCS Latest Campus Placement Papers 2011 (New Pattern) With Solutions

As you all know TCS has changed the test taking pattern since last year.

The New TCS test has:
1. No of questions: 35
2. Test Duration: 80 Minutes
3. Type: Logical Reasoning.

I will attach a file of the latest questions here soon and we can discuss the solutions here.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is the final questions list.

All the questions can be discussed here for solutions.
  • gs131016
    gs131016
    thanks. please provide infosys,accenture and wipro latest pattern with solutions.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Isn't it solved? Where are the solutions? Can we discuss the answers in some thread?

@AKD: Once this is solved, I am planning to host it in my Quiz Engine. What say?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    thanks akd πŸ˜€

we've got TCS placement next monday πŸ˜€ i don't have the aptitude test so my friends will be able to use them πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @CP: The doc file only has questions. We need to discuss the solutions here. Can you give it a head start?

I have more questions to share.

PS: Some answers can be found elsewhere on the net, but the answers are different everywhere, so we need to find full-proof solutions here.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i've solved some of those already. can we discuss them here itself? πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah, Please. Share the solutions here.

PS: It's highly likely that the same questions with different values will appear in the test.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Given 3 lines in the plane such that the points of intersection form a triangle with
    sides of length 20, 20 and 30, the number of points equidistant from all the 3
    lines is
    β€’ 4
    β€’ 1
    β€’ 0
    β€’ 3

solution:
    answer is 1. and that point is called incentre.

explanation:
    now take a triangle and inscribe a circle inside the triangle. the circle must touch all the sides of the triangle as shown in the figure.

inradius(big)

the radius of the circle will equidistant from all sides since the circle touches all three sides. there exists only one such point... πŸ˜€

P.S: click the image for a larger size πŸ˜€
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    After the typist writes 12 letters and addresses 12 envelopes, she inserts the
    letters randomly into the envelopes (1 letter per envelope). What is the probability
    that exactly 1 letter is inserted in an improper envelope?
    β€’ 11/12
    β€’ 1/12
    β€’ 0
    β€’ 12/212

answer: 0

explanation:

if one letter is inside a wrong envelope then there should be another one too which is in the wrong envelope. so the event of one error is impossible. so probability is 0.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @CP: A lot of people say the answer is 4, where 1 in-centre and 3 exi-centers are considered. (I have no idea about this 😐 )
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    There are two water tanks A and B, A is much smaller than B. While water fills at
    the rate of one litre every hour in A, it gets filled up like 10, 20, 40, 80, 160 .. in
    tank B. (At the end of first hour, B has 10 litres, second hour it has 20, and so
    on). If 1/32 of B's volume is filled after 3 hours, what is the total duration required
    to fill it completely?
    β€’ 10 hours
    β€’ 8 hours
    β€’ 7 hours
    β€’ 9 hours

answer:

explanation:

1/32 filled in 3 hours.
    in the next hour it will double the content in it...
    i.e. 1/16 in in 4 hours
    1/8 in in 5 hours
    1/4 in in 6 hours
    1/2 in in 7 hours
    full in 8 hours
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    AbraKaDabra
    @CP: A lot of people say the answer is 4, where 1 in-centre and 3 exi-centers are considered. (I have no idea about this 😐 )
    check out this link: TracenPoche Dynamic Geometry: Triangle: Incenter, Incircle, Excenter, Excircle, internal and external bisectors. College Geometry, SAT Prep. Elearningere three epicentres and incentre are drawn. the question asks for the point which is at the same time equidistant from all sides. the epicentres are not equidistant from all sides.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Great. Do answer the gold coin questions and dart question with solutions. There has been a lot of confusion over them too.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    A circular dartboard of radius 1 foot is at a distance of 20 feet from you. You
    throw a dart at it and it hits the dartboard at some point Q in the circle. What is
    the probability that Q is closer to the center of the circle than the periphery?
    β€’ 0.5
    β€’ 0.25
    β€’ 0.75
    β€’ 1

answer: .25

explanation:
    the probability is= (area we need to consider)/ (total area of the dartboard) = (pi (r/2)^2)/(pi r^2) =.25

P.S: these solutions may be wrong. so CEans please correct them if mistake found.
  • lekhya
    lekhya
    are u sure this is the new pattern for tcs????????????
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Lekhya: Yes, TCS just visited our campus and they followed this pattern. We don't think they will change it soon.
  • lekhya
    lekhya
    ok thank uπŸ˜€πŸ˜
  • lekhya
    lekhya
    Which colg are u in????????????????????????
  • Neeraj Goyal
    Neeraj Goyal
    Thank you very much upload the TCS paper.plz will you upload the answers of these papers
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Most of the questions are solved here by CEan-CivilPrincess, if you don't get some of the other questions, post them here.
  • Krishna Radhika
    Krishna Radhika
    Alok and Bhanu play the following min-max game. Given the expression N = 9 +
    X + Y – Z where X, Y and Z are variables representing single digits (0 to 9), Alok
    would like to maximize N while Bhanu would like to minimize it. Towards this end, Alok
    chooses a single digit number and Bhanu substitutes this for a variable of her choice
    (X, Y or Z). Alok then chooses the next value and Bhanu, the variable to substitute the
    value. Finally Alok proposes the value for the remaining variable. Assuming both play
    to their optimal strategies, the value of N at the end of the game would be
    β€’ 18
    β€’ 20
    β€’ 0.0
    β€’ 27
  • uppala.roshni
    uppala.roshni
    Hi, I will be facing the TCS online test on Sept 7, 2011 and I donot know from where to start my preparation for. Can anybody please help me.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    uppala.roshni
    Hi, I will be facing the TCS online test on Sept 7, 2011 and I donot know from where to start my preparation for. Can anybody please help me.
    Start preparing with the aptitude questions (basic mathematics and logical reasoning along with Data Interpretation and Sufficiency type questions). Interview would be mostly about programming, your project and some totally irrelevant questions: #-Link-Snipped-# 😐
  • ricky.singla
    ricky.singla
    can any1 attch the file of question of thoughtworks
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    one mistake in a problem that i solved.

CIVILPRINCESS
    Given 3 lines in the plane such that the points of intersection form a triangle with
    sides of length 20, 20 and 30, the number of points equidistant from all the 3
    lines is
    Γ’€Β’ 4
    Γ’€Β’ 1
    Γ’€Β’ 0
    Γ’€Β’ 3

solution:
    answer is 1. and that point is called incentre.

explanation:
    now take a triangle and inscribe a circle inside the triangle. the circle must touch all the sides of the triangle as shown in the figure.

inradius(big)

the radius of the circle will equidistant from all sides since the circle touches all three sides. there exists only one such point... πŸ˜€

P.S: click the image for a larger size πŸ˜€
    CIVILPRINCESS
    check out this link: TracenPoche Dynamic Geometry: Triangle: Incenter, Incircle, Excenter, Excircle, internal and external bisectors. College Geometry, SAT Prep. Elearningere three epicentres and incentre are drawn. the question asks for the point which is at the same time equidistant from all sides. the epicentres are not equidistant from all sides.
    the excentre is also to be considered since it will be equidistant from all the sides when they are extended. this i had not thought..

but now there is a new thing that i found.

if it is an equilateral triangle then the no of excentre points would be three so the total points would be= 1(incentre)+3(excentre) =4.
    but for an isosceles triangle the no of excentres to be considered are just two. therefore no of points = 1+2 =3

sorry for the confusion guys πŸ˜€
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Krishna Radhika
    X + Y – Z where X, Y and Z are variables representing single digits (0 to 9), Alok
    would like to maximize N while Bhanu would like to minimize it. Towards this end, Alok
    chooses a single digit number and Bhanu substitutes this for a variable of her choice
    (X, Y or Z). Alok then chooses the next value and Bhanu, the variable to substitute the
    value. Finally Alok proposes the value for the remaining variable. Assuming both play
    β€’ 18
    β€’ 20
    β€’ 0.0
    β€’ 27
    the answer for this would be= 20

reason: when we have it like x+y-z the maximum value would be 11 by cleverly placing the numbers. i'll post some examples for it in sometime. its just the same. just add the constant and 11. πŸ˜€
  • sarkarpratap
    sarkarpratap
    @ civil princes
    can u provide pdf of urs solution....?? plz .. i m sittng 4 TCS on 8th... plz buddy hepl
  • lekhya
    lekhya
    a lady has fine gloves and hat-18 blue,32 red,25 yellow.the lights are out but she could make out its hat or glove in the dark.she takes out an item out of the closet only if she is sure tat it is a glove.how many glove smust she take out to make sure tat she has a pair of each colour????

pls some one ans this.....................
  • lekhya
    lekhya
    how come its 11 in the case of x+y-z

pls explain
  • lakshmidhar
    lakshmidhar
    hey i have a doubt ex-centre is also equdistant from all the three lines know then we have the answer 4 is it corect or not
  • lakshmidhar
    lakshmidhar
    since it is given as LINE it can be extendable so that we get 3 excentres and one incentres so answer is 4 otherwise if it is given as LINE SEGMENT ans is 1
  • lakshmidhar
    lakshmidhar
    if it is LINE it can be extendable so we get 3 ex-centres and 1 incentres so ans is 4. if it is LINE SEGMENT we cannot extend it so answer will be 1 incentre so ans is 1.
  • Rajesh Babu
    Rajesh Babu
    Have u selected
  • lakshmidhar
    lakshmidhar
    we have tcs on campus on 17th of this month. I came across this doubt when i am preparing for it. Pls clear my doubt
  • cchandansjce
    cchandansjce
    Hi Ceans,
    Here s NDS placement papers #-Link-Snipped-#
  • lekhya
    lekhya
    hi guys.
    i got placed in TCS.thanks for all as u ppl helped me in clearing all my doubts in apti questions.
    thanks once again.
    hoping the hear happy news from u tooo

bye ppl
    all the best
    lekhya
    hi guys.
    i got placed in TCS.thanks for all as u ppl helped me in clearing all my doubts in apti questions.
    thanks once again.
    hoping the hear happy news from u tooo

bye ppl
    all the best
    Congrats, but why don't you stay in touch with us... πŸ˜€
  • lekhya
    lekhya
    hi
    ya sure.i will help all of u in clearing ur doubts.pls concentrate on ur technical stuff as most of us were interviewed in tat part

all the best ppl
    bye
    lekhya
    hi
    ya sure.i will help all of u in clearing ur doubts.pls concentrate on ur technical stuff as most of us were interviewed in tat part

all the best ppl
    bye
    Ha ha.. That's nice... πŸ˜€ Thankz, and am from TCS, an year experienced now... πŸ˜€
  • lekhya
    lekhya
    wow u are frm TCS ah?????????????????????????omg i never knew tat...........
  • andenagaveni24
    andenagaveni24
    hey i am placed in TCS.....very happy ........
    my efforts since may,2011 all came true........πŸ˜€
  • lekhya
    lekhya
    congrats dude😁
  • tiny
    tiny
    For the FIFA world cup, Paul the octopus has been predicting the winner of each
    match with amazing success. It is rumored that in a match between 2 teams A
    and B, Paul picks A with the same probability as A's chances of winning. Let's
    assume such rumors to be true and that in a match between Ghana and Bolivia,
    Ghana the stronger team has a probability of 2/3 of winning the game. What is
    the probability that Paul will correctly pick the winner of the Ghana-Bolivia game?
    β€’ 5/9
    β€’ 1/9
    β€’ 2/3
    β€’ 4/9 somebody plz answer this one
  • lekhya
    lekhya
    take one team proability i.e ghana sa 2/3.

its complement is 1-(2/3)=1/3
    bolivia its winning proability is 1/3
    and losing is 2/3

not the equation is p(winingof ghana and losing of bolivia)+p(wining of bolivia and losing of ghana)=(4/9)+(1/9)=(5/9)
    this is the ans

all the best.

u can clear apti but concentrate in ur technical part during interview.
  • tiny
    tiny
    thankx lekhya..

im also confused in these..plz help !!
    A hollow cube of size 5 cm is taken, with a thickness of 1 cm. It is made of
    smaller cubes of size 1 cm. If 4 faces of the outer surface of the cube are
    painted, totally how many faces of the smaller cubes remain unpainted?
    β€’ 800
    β€’ 500
    β€’ 900
    β€’ 488

There are two boxes, one containing 10 red balls and the other containing 10
    green balls. You are allowed to move the balls between the boxes so that when
    you choose a box at random and a ball at random from the chosen box, the
    probability of getting a red ball is maximized. This maximum probability is
    β€’ 1/2
    β€’ 3/4
    β€’ 37/38
    β€’ 14/19

10 people meet and shake hands. The maximum number of handshakes
    possible if there is to be no "cycle" of handshakes is (A cycle of handshakes is a
    sequence of k people a1, a2, ......, ak (k > 2) such that the pairs {a1, a2}, {a2, a3},
    ......, {ak-1, ak}, {ak, a1} shake hands).
    β€’ 7
    β€’ 6
    β€’ 8
    β€’ 9

36 people {a1, a2, ...., a36} meet and shake hands in a circular fashion. In other
    words, there are totally 36 handshakes involving the pairs, {a1, a2}, {a2, a3}, ....,
    {a35, a36}, {a36, a1}. Then size of the smallest set of people such that the rest
    have shaken hands with at least one person in the set is
    β€’ 11
    β€’ 12
    β€’ 18
    β€’ 13
  • ManishKumarVerma
    ManishKumarVerma
    is this the whole pattern or we have other section on aptitude and English also?
    because 35 questions in 80 mins is quite easy i guess..
    only logical reasoning?????
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    ManishKumarVerma
    is this the whole pattern or we have other section on aptitude and English also?
    because 35 questions in 80 mins is quite easy i guess..
    only logical reasoning?????
    yup only one section. only logical puzzles...
  • vinci
    vinci
    thanks for the questions i will join you within 7 days after having a look over these questions
  • lekhya
    lekhya
    cube prob:

volume=5*5*5=125
    then reduce 2cm
    so v=3*3*3=27
    now 125-27=98
    find faces=98*6=588
    gn 4 faces are painted so area=4*25=100
    then 588-100=488

balls prob:
    take 2 boxes
    transfer 9 red balls to another box so total balls in green box is(9+10)=19
    now p(red ball in box1)=1
    p(red ball in box2)=9/19

p(selectin box)=1/2
    now eqn is
    1*1/2 + (9/19)*(1/2)

verify the method frm ur frnds once........

gn no cycle of handshakes so n-1=10-1=9

36 ppl
    so the formula is n/3=36/3=12

check balls prob. once
  • venkat.sweetie
    venkat.sweetie
    5/9 friend
  • shiva_ch41
    shiva_ch41
    hiii ,,,can any 1n gimme the explanatn fo this...???
    two vessels contain milk solutions ,,with milk and water in the ratio 2:11 in the first vessel and in the ratio of 5:9 in the second. in what ratio should the contents of these two vessels be mixed such that the resultant mixture has milk and water in the ratio 3:8??
  • sowjipearl
    sowjipearl
    Can any1 tell me hw to prep fr placemnts...tcs wl visit my colz in d cumng aug...wt sort of prep needed in tr round...
  • sowjipearl
    sowjipearl
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    tcs pattern wil b consisting of 3 rounds...
    1.written test consists of 35que 1hr time with .33 negtive marking fr each wrng ans
    2.tr round -fr tat u need to b thorough vth ur prjct n lang(c,c++,java) ds n any 2 subs of ur fav
    3. hr round as u knw testing ur communication levels...so practise fr tat vth ur frnds n u can also prctise by sitting infrnt of a mirror by ans mre sort of que
  • engg.sushantt
    engg.sushantt
    Krishna Radhika
    β€’ 18
    β€’ 20
    β€’ 0.0
    β€’ 27
    27 is the answer
  • Sourav Das
    Sourav Das

Hey, for latest updated Tcs placement materials WhatsApp me. 8240210592

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#Γ’€ - No one really whatsApps or sends messages on personal number or email via CrazyEngineers. You will have to wait for answers here. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung Electronics has delayed the launch of Samsung galaxy 10.1-inch Tablet in Australia. (Bad News, eh?) It's postponed till last week of September because of the court hearing under way...
[video=youtube;4ycbuZNRgZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ycbuZNRgZc[/video] CS:GO Exclusive debut trailer. Gameplay footage, information and more. Counter Strike, one of the web's most enduring online shooters, is targeting an early 2012 comeback with the promise of...
I have seen a trend here that students who complete III year or have started their final year, go for 'Campus Recruitment Traning' or 'Campus Recruitment Coaching Classes' which have...
hey i m working on wireless electriity project so , wil u help me for doing this? sir i gonna need a block diagram & the component list.... if u...
Mercury has launched cheap Android tablet mTab for a price that will surely turn heads - Rs. 9499/-. The budget android tablet rivals with Beetel and Reliance 3G tablet which...