TCS Campus Recruitments 2012 : 12,500 More Students Will Be Hired

The Tata Consultancy Services continues to be the biggest IT services and consulting company in India and the company has announced that they're sticking to their recruitment plan for the year. The company had earlier announced that it will hire about 25000 engineers this year and confirmed that they've already recruited about 12500 of them. The company will continue to hire 12500 more engineers in this season.

It'd be interesting to know how many of these hires so far have been actually joined, how many have been trained and how many of these have been actually allotted to various projects. Lot of industry insiders opine that the big companies hire engineering students in bulk but don't have enough projects for them; which makes them sit 'on bench' for long.

Being 'On Bench' isn't very good at the start of career, because if you're idle (not allotted to project) then it's reflected on your resume.

Replies

• Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    Without enough projects...why such IT giants are recruiting that many people in bulk.As a budding engineer i want to know is it like reserving/ storing the worthy people for future use ?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Saijayadeep
    is it like reserving/ storing the worthy people for future use ?
    You can say that.

The companies keep the resources in timeline and show the clients that they have enough man-power to take their projects. Quite a bad system for employees. 👎
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    TCS are one of the most strict recruiters where your ability is put on to test. If you come out to be "Engineer only by degree" you'll find your ass kicked out in no time.

TCS have more projects than others. On the other hand, I've my friends killing time in Accenture and Capgemini. Even Wipro VLSI has not yet given the joining, instead offered them choice to shift in Wipro Embedded solutions as VLSI joining is going to be delayed further.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    This time quite less students are being selected as compared to the past years. Where there used to be 300+ selections, now only 100 selections are done.
    TCS is the most awaited company for the students and the colleges also but due to less selections it is sad moment for both.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys, I am facing a problem where the pressure gages fail often... How to make a root cause analysis for the same?
Day before yesterday, many places in M.P. experienced earthquake of intensity upto 5. I also felt my bed and tv shaking.. The reason said is the mining going on at...
Hey hi guys.. this is Abdul Rahman a graduated mechanical engineer from Chennai currently working in Dubai as a trainee engineer. My hobbies are playing snooker and 10-pin bowling &...
LAKSHMI A MENON COMPUTER SCIENCE DOING MY B TECH IN GOVT COLLEGE OF ENGG KANNUR
A single stage reciprocating air compressor is an air compressor which carries out compression in a single stroke or stage. the compressor body is similar to the piston-cylinder arrangement. the...