TCS Campus Recruitment Procedure

TCS is hiring in full swing and visiting campuses for hiring candidates in December - January. Those who are looking for detailed recruitment procedure - here's it:

To be taken in the campus computer network -

1. Aptitude Test: 90 Minutes for 90 questions

The test contains many aptitude questions which aren't very tough. You can move around questions and revisit the questions if you skipped them in the first 'go around' the question set. However, there are three sections [Verbal, Quantitative & Reasoning] and you *cannot* return to a section once you've left it.

2. Psychometric Test: 30 Minutes for 120 questions

I always wondered why TCS has this test in its campus recruitment process. Lot of students fear this test as there is 'nothing' really prepare for. So here's a tip for all of you: Just answer all the questions with positive attitude. This test is a multiple-choice question. For example if the question is "While organizing a friend's birthday party", opt for answer that is most positive and energetic (like "I take the lead and organize it").

Also, another most important tip is "Stick to the 'positive' tone" you've adopted. It's very important as the questions will be presented to you random order.

3. Technical Interview:

You'll be questions mostly on your final year/third year project and basic programming skills. Also be prepared to answer few questions on your engineering trade.

4. Personal Interview:

If you've reached the Personal Interview, there's a 99% chance you'll get through. Just answer all the question, have good communications skills and be confident, not over-confident.

If you want further tips or have questions, do ask in this thread. We've couple of CEans who work in TCS and they might want to respond to your questions.

Replies

• Yamini L
    Yamini L
    Well, you stand a chance to get to the next level of the interview directly if you have more than 75% aggregate both in your engineering course and your board exams. I guess tcs is following this strategy only for some colleges.

In fact, one my of friend told that the only question posed to her was whether she is willing to work with tcs..If you are from a good reputed college, you can easily get into tcs. But true talents has to be brought out and appraised.

All those things apart, i will try to provide more updates about the selection process . TCS is visiting our campus tomorrow.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    last week, TCS visited our near by colleges with one day gap. We were not allowed there. They given the same question papers for Written tests for all those colleges ๐Ÿ˜€ And their selection ratio is 1:3. Hundreds and Hundreds are selected.
  • gizmotech
    gizmotech
    Thanks for the info, but is this the latest trend?
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    @gizmotech This is the latest trend. That too in the past one month , tcs have recruited in thousands and thousands. Its still on a hiring spree.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have read that in one of the big university, I think CRM or something TCS recruited 2500 members ๐Ÿ˜€

Moreover, Cognizant recruited 1750 students from VIT with 4.5 l.p.a as package!!
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    @ES: Yeah, it is SRM university in chennai. CTS giving 4.5 is something unusual, may be for vit they would have fixed that package.
  • MAULIK_GANDHI
    MAULIK_GANDHI
    TCS Interview is kind of fun...
    i had my first interview of life .. in TCS today and it was not more than 4 mins... and guess what i am in... ๐Ÿ˜€

they just ask very basic hr questions.
    1) tell me abt ur self
    2) why IT ?
    3) why TCS ?
    4) how will u be comfortable in IT after Electronics engg.?
    5) In which dept. u like to work in TCS?
    6) Where do u see urself in next 3/5 years.. ?

they just ask 3-4 questions from above mostly..
    P.s. > though in our college 1 out of 4 interviewer started asking about C/C++ to some students.. otherwise it was just conversation not interview...

and most of the student appeared in interview were selected.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's fantastic! Those questions have no specific answers but the more positively you respond, the more are your chances to get recruited. Congratulations to Maulik for his selection ๐Ÿ˜€

Why not share your entire recruitment procedure experience?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Congrats Maulik!! Nice Questions!!

Yes, share your experience with us. So that we can learn from it.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    miniy
    @ES: Yeah, it is SRM university in chennai. CTS giving 4.5 is something unusual, may be for vit they would have fixed that package.

Yep!! 4.5 is way too high compared to the package people are offered from other colleges!!
  • Reya
    Reya
    TCS PREVIOUS YEAR PLACEMENT QUESTIONS:

1.The C language terminator is
    a.semicolon
    b.colon
    c.period
    d.exclamation mark

2.What is false about the following
    A compound statement is
    a.A set of simple statments
    b.Demarcated on either side by curly brackets
    c.Can be used in place of simple statement
    d.A C function is not a compound statement.

3.What is true about the following
    C Functions
    a.Need not return any value
    b.Should always return an integer
    c.Should always return a float
    d.Should always return more than one value.

4.Main must be written as
    a.the first function in the program
    b.Second function in the program
    c.Last function in the program
    d.any where in the program

5.Which of the following about automatic variables within a function
    is correct ?
    a.its type must be declared before using the variable
    b.they are local
    c.they are not initialised to zero
    d.they are global.

6.Write one statement equalent to the following two statements
    x=sqr(a);
    return(x);
    Choose from one of the alternatives
    a.return(sqr(a));
    b.printf("sqr(a)");
    c.return(a*a*a);
    d.printf("%d",sqr(a));

7.Which of the following about the C comments is incorrect ?
    a.commentscan go over multiple lines
    b.comments can start any where in the line
    c.a line can contain comments with out any language statements
    d.comments can occur within comments

8.What is the value of y in the following code?
    x=7;y=0;
    if(x=6)
    y=7;
    else
    y=1;
    a.7
    b.0
    c.1
    d.6

9.Read the function conv() given below
    conv(int t)
    {
    int u;
    u=5/9 * (t-32);
    return(u0;
    }
    What
    a.15
    b.0
    c.16.1
    d.29

10.which of the following represents true statement
    either x is inthe range of 10 and 50 or y is zero
    a.x>=10 && x<=50 || y==0;
    b.
    c.
    d.

11.Which of the following is not an infinite loop ?
    a.while(1){
    }
    b.for(;๐Ÿ˜‰{
    }
    c.x=0;
    do{
    /*x unaltered within theloop*/
    }while(x==0);
    d.# define TRUE 0
    while(TRUE){
    }

12.what does the following function print?
    func(int i)
    {
    if(i%2)return 0;
    eale return 1;
    }
    main()
    {
    int =3;
    i=func(i);
    i=func(i);
    printf("%d",i);}
    a.3
    b.1
    c.0
    d.2

13.how does the C compiler interpret the following two statements
    p=p+x;
    q=q+y;
    a.p=p+x;
    q=q+y
    b.p=p+xq=q+y
    c.p=p+xq;
    q=q+y
    d.p=p+x/q=q+y

For questions 14,15,16,17 use the following alternatives

a.int
    b.char
    c.string
    d.float

14.'9'

15."1 e 02"

16.10e05

17. 15
    18.read the folllowing code
    # define MAX 100
    # define MIN 100
    if(x>MAX)
    x=1;
    else if(x
  • andenagaveni24
    andenagaveni24
    congrats maulik!! good questions.....tcs is coming to our college for recruiting us on sep 18,2011.......do give me suggestions ....i have 80.29% in my b-tech and i have no written test
    i am directly attending interview...
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    MAULIK_GANDHI
    ...and most of the student appeared in interview were selected.. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I hope it does not select us like whole sale products ๐Ÿ˜ก Core companies are better for core fields. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • yanivx
    yanivx
    The procedure has been totally changed they are now using a software called touchstone and there are just 35 questions here is the detailed procedure....
    I am a part of TCS now ๐Ÿ˜€
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • yanivx
    yanivx
    andenagaveni24
    congrats maulik!! good questions.....tcs is coming to our college for recruiting us on sep 18,2011.......do give me suggestions ....i have 80.29% in my b-tech and i have no written test
    i am directly attending interview...
    Hey all the best there will be just 35 ? and the entire procedure is explained at my site ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I am a part of TCS So will be you ๐Ÿ˜€ All the best once again
  • yanivx
    yanivx
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • andenagaveni24
    andenagaveni24
    @yanvix : thank you very much friend.....hey the link is not getting activated for me....the webpage is not getting displayed for me....
  • andenagaveni24
    andenagaveni24
    @yanvix: hey i have confidence that i will be placed in TCS ...why because i am preparing well....but somethings some sort of ambiguity strikes my mind whether i can answer the questions asked by the panel or not....some people say it is very easy to hit TCS and someothers say that a lot of preparation is required and not so easy to get into software industry....i think it depends on the person who is going to interview...whatever it may be i am preparing to my level best and just want to face the interview with confidence....and i expect myself at TCS...TCS is my dream company....
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Hey Biggie, we didn't have the Psychometric Test stuff... ๐Ÿ˜” What's that? Or did we have, without our knowledge?
  • lipika
    lipika
    hey hi sada..........plzz tell me which same question papers ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

R.C.C Circular Water Tank. Q. 1) The R.C.C. overhead circular water tank has an internal diameter 7.5m and height of wall is 4.0 m. The base slab of tank is...
The CE T-Shirts are execellent. see them here https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/38327-quick-look-your-ce-t-shirts.html Thanks for the wonderful gift. Nice looking T-Shirts.
Apple has officially lunched iPad in India. The much awaited tablet from iPad has been made available for bulk buyers (corporates) and the individual buyers like you and I will...
Here's a detailed review of Nokia C3-01 - Nokia C3-01 Detailed Hardware, Software, Features Review & Price - CrazyEngineers
Is there a way through which the incognito window in chrome can be blocked. If so, could you please explain it?