Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Shyamsundar
    What is TCP/IP protocol? Please share your thoughts
    I studied some basic information from this link :- Internet Protocol Suite
  • Yournished
    Yournished
    Based from what I have researched TCP/IP, here is what I found in the website of Yale Education:
    • IP - is responsible for moving packet of data from node to node. IP forwards each packet based on a four byte destination address (the IP number). The Internet authorities assign ranges of numbers to different organizations. The organizations assign groups of their numbers to departments. IP operates on gateway machines that move data from department to organization to region and then around the world.
    • TCP - is responsible for verifying the correct delivery of data from client to server. Data can be lost in the intermediate network. TCP adds support to detect errors or lost data and to trigger retransmission until the data is correctly and completely received.
  • lal
    lal
    TCP and IP are two different layers of protocols in an internet communication system. Simply saying those contain rules on how data can be and should sent over different media between different nodes/computers.

By the way its not just TCP that can detect and correct errors, in fact any other protocol layer can be made to do so.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What do yo mean by saturation related to transformer? And what happens to transformer under saturation ?
Hi all, Please let me know how to make boot disk. Please let me know the steps
The IT jargon gives me the jitters. However, this document may make sense to the people in the know: https://www.silabs.com/Support Docum...31UFwdcjKPmjr1YIESsN0dvycMRAVFZl5nR9RFuGXbw==
CEans considering tying the knot make your own engagement in true CE fashion. https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-solitaire-engagement-ring/?ALLSTEPS
Indian Government continues to surprise the citizens of India. Oil Minister, Moily has said that the Diesel prices will be hiked 40-50 paise every month until the oil companies make...