TCP / IP (Names Space /Address Space ??)

Can anybody make clear is the uniform name space in Internet and address space the same thing or is it different ?

How name space of TCP is built on basis of that IP ?

Please if anyone is known to this concept please elaborate on this , this question will help to understand fundamentals more clearer !!

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Hi

I could not understand your question. Can you elaborate?
  • king99
    king99
    Hi , sorry if the question is not clear as I am new to networking due to that i was not able to explain it properly i want to ask why are the name space important in internet can you elaborate by explaining in relation with IP( how they are build ) as it will help more clearly to understand it , thanks !!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Name space is rather more due to the human convenience of remembering the 'names' of places rather than the address of the place over the internet.
    When I say 198.133.x.x , you wont understand what I am talking about, rather you will understand me better if I say ' cisco.com'. But for computers its other way round, they do everything in numbers and hence to map these numbers with wordy addresses we have DNS.

Is this clear enough?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, Mine is SE T715, and the charger socket of my phone is working perfectly.But the problem is with my headphones.When I connect headphones to my phone, its not detecting...
This may be useful to students and professionals. Download DraftSight - Dassault Systèmes Bioramani
Hello friend's, In the last week i attended a seminar of Opendelight after that i have some talk with his CEO. Realy i amazed when he say that jsp is...
We need different kinds of font for different purposes. Some fonts I come across are elegantly beautiful. Dedicating this thread to share the names of fonts you come across or...
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE The course will cover basic ideas and techniques underlying the design of intelligent computer systems. Topics include: Introduction to AI and intelligent agents. Problem Solving : Solving Problems...