TCP end to end principle implementation on basis of IP

๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•End to End principle ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
According to the end-to-end principle, protocol features are only justified in the lower layers of a system if they are a performance optimization, hence, (TCP) retransmission for reliability is still justified, but efforts to improve TCP reliability should stop after peak performance has been reached. (WIKI defination )

Can some one illustrate scenarios where end to end argument is not effective as a solution w.r.t current internet usage

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    There is something called as TCP window. When TCP observes that most of the packets are being delayed /dropped , it understands there is something wrong with the network. Hence starts reducing the window size straight to half a peak load, it slowly starts incrementing the window size till the point it faces the dropping of packet.
    the below daigram might help you

[โ€‹IMG]

URL:#-Link-Snipped-#

as you can see, the window size has been reduced to half when there is a bottleneck
  • king99
    king99
    Thanks for the information , it helped me in understanding concept !!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Because of its popular demand, I already ask my classmate CEan-Lyline to sing this song. I hope she will finish it as soon as possible๐Ÿ˜€ This song is based on...
Let us start something like defining terms of hard core mechanical industry. I will set the ball rolling. Reynolds number: It is defined as the ratio of inertia force of...
I have a problem in php basically if we want to pass post variable to a url using php we add
But i want to pass it...
๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜• Firewall 1) Are there any methods available to setup filter ( firewall ) to prevent dangerous information flows by datagram and connection ?? Ethernet Frame 2) How exactly the...
I've been using Idea cellular for long time now and have found out that the 3G network is now available. Idea representatives had informed me that they were activating the...