TC in full screen on vista ultimate

hello,,, ur thanks to take intrest in my prob...

can i run tc... in full screen on vista ultimate !

PLZ DO REPLY IT ...((i`m new user in c))

😛

;-)

Replies

• sriramchandrk
    sriramchandrk
    1. Run tc in dos command prompt
    2. Then press Alt + Enter

To return back again use Alt + Enter

Thanks & Regards
    Sriram
  • anki_0305
    anki_0305
    you can't run tc in fullscreen mode in windows vista, this is a drawback of vista, but you can resize the window size of tc by changing the properties of tc window
  • crazypooh
    crazypooh
    yep u can run tc on full screen on vista provided by latest borland compiler.b happy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I REPEAT :

Usage of SMS text is NOT allowed on CE Forums!
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    yaaa u can of cours but it should be 32 bit not 64 bit
  • shashank734
    shashank734
    so i assume you have turbo c compiler in your vista machine.when you double click on tc.exe,you get the message as shown below.
    “this system does not support fullscreen mode.choose close to terminate the application”. now if you click ignore you will see a very small screen ,which wont help much in writing programs.
    how to run turbo c then?
    step 1: go and download dosbox software #-Link-Snipped-#. install the downloaded software.
    step 2:copy all your turboc files in one folder in c drive.i mean copy all the files in the bgi,include folders,and all other folders into a new folder.you should have all those files under a single folder.
    step 4: run dosbox
    step 5: at the prompt in dosbox window ,type “intro mount”
    step 6: type mount c c:\tc ( if “tc” is the nameof folder you copied all files of turbo c)
    step 7: type “c:”
    step 8: type “dir’ in front of c:\ and type “tc”
    that should be all.select ok at the prompts that pop-up .and the next time you start turboc from dosbox ,press alt+enter.
    happy programming.!
    • you cant use keyboard shortcuts like ctrl+f9 and others ,you will have to use mouse for that.
    • dont forget to clear the text under options>>directories in turboc before you compile the program.
    then you done..
  • shashank734
    shashank734
    you can also use devcpp

this is also good compiler and freeware just find on google.....
  • mayjune
    mayjune
    dosbox is the best way to do it
    A) It runs fullscreen
    B) It runs TC Graphics, which Vista doesnt support

But if you are not doing this for college, i would recommend you do it using Code Blocks. Its a very good ansi c standard compiler...
  • sunit.soni
    sunit.soni
    shashank734
    so i assume you have turbo c compiler in your vista machine.when you double click on tc.exe,you get the message as shown below.
    “this system does not support fullscreen mode.choose close to terminate the application”. now if you click ignore you will see a very small screen ,which wont help much in writing programs.
    how to run turbo c then?
    step 1: go and download dosbox software #-Link-Snipped-#. install the downloaded software.
    step 2:copy all your turboc files in one folder in c drive.i mean copy all the files in the bgi,include folders,and all other folders into a new folder.you should have all those files under a single folder.
    step 4: run dosbox
    step 5: at the prompt in dosbox window ,type “intro mount”
    step 6: type mount c c:\tc ( if “tc” is the nameof folder you copied all files of turbo c)
    step 7: type “c:”
    step 8: type “dir’ in front of c:\ and type “tc”
    that should be all.select ok at the prompts that pop-up .and the next time you start turboc from dosbox ,press alt+enter.
    happy programming.!
    • you cant use keyboard shortcuts like ctrl+f9 and others ,you will have to use mouse for that.
    • dont forget to clear the text under options>>directories in turboc before you compile the program.
    then you done..
    but its not including the header file and also showing error "unable to make output file"...??
  • shashank734
    shashank734
    sunit.soni
    but its not including the header file and also showing error "unable to make output file"...??
    This works for me perfectly you should copy all files just check it.....

but i personaly advise you to use devcpp it's a good compiler for c and c++....and has good features.. just google it it's..free
  • syntaxerr
    syntaxerr
    To run tc in full screen in vista:
    Lets assume your tc folder is in d drive.

1)Install Dosbox.
    2)Run dosbox.
    **3)Type the following at the prompt.
    a)intro mount
    b)mount d d:\tc
    c)d:
    d)tc
    4)Press alt+Enter.
    5)Go to option->directories
    6)Change the first two rows to "include" and "lib" respectively.
    7)delete the third and forth row.

Imp:
    a)To run your program you cant use ctrl+f9 as ctrl+f9 is the shortcut (of dosbox) to exit dosbox.
    b)You can use the other shortcuts.
    c)you have to perform steps 5 to 7 everytime you open tc from dosbox.

To automatically open tc on startup of dosbox
    1)go to your dosbox folder.
    2)open the file dosbox.conf
    3)look for autoexec(it is at the end of the file)
    4)under that type the following
    intro mount
    mount d d:\tc
    d:
    tc

5)next time whenever you will run dosbox tc will automatically open.
  • shalinishetty
    shalinishetty
    hi i followed dis instruction i got full screen in windows vista....but after executing the program i am not able to get the output getting 2 errors for all programs...one is canot include stdio.h another is not terminated correctly...i dont have mouse...i could able to comile by touch screen...cntr f5 n alt f9.....i think same error ill get wen i use mouse.......i dont think ill get a diff wen i use mouse n touch screen...plz tell me wat may be the fault...actually i have saved in c directory...in dos box also i changed to c directory...i saved a prog as p.c den executed...same error...i saved as p.cpp also..actually how should i save.....?
  • shalinishetty
    shalinishetty
    Re: TC in full screen on vista ultimate

To run tc in full screen in vista:
    Lets assume your tc folder is in d drive.

1)Install Dosbox.
    2)Run dosbox.
    **3)Type the following at the prompt.
    a)intro mount
    b)mount d d:\tc
    c)d:
    d)tc
    4)Press alt+Enter.
    5)Go to option->directories
    6)Change the first two rows to "include" and "lib" respectively.
    7)delete the third and forth row.

Imp:
    a)To run your program you cant use ctrl+f9 as ctrl+f9 is the shortcut (of dosbox) to exit dosbox.
    b)You can use the other shortcuts.
    c)you have to perform steps 5 to 7 everytime you open tc from dosbox.

To automatically open tc on startup of dosbox
    1)go to your dosbox folder.
    2)open the file dosbox.conf
    3)look for autoexec(it is at the end of the file)
    4)under that type the following
    intro mount
    mount d d:\tc
    d:
    tc

5)next time whenever you will run dosbox tc will automatically open. ​
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    You cant run TC in full screen in windows vista.....in place of that you can use Dev C++..its also a good compiler....
  • shalinishetty
    shalinishetty
    @nicepeeyush but we can run it with dos box itseems...i got a fullscreen wen run with dosbox but i dont know still wat i hav to change?????????is dat bz of not using mouse????????/i am using touchscreen i am able to use cntr f5 n alt f9 den wats d use of using mouse?///////plz help me....k tell me how to execute a program in a DEV++
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Well i dont know much about dos box....i will try it....but for Dev++ do the following:-
    For compilation - Ctrl+f9
    For execution - Ctrl+f10
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    If anyone's finding Dosbox method difficult, then try this,
    1. Install #-Link-Snipped-#
    2. Then install windows xp OR 2000 in the virtual m/c
    3. Install TC in that windows
    and you are done. It's easy, I guess.
  • shalinishetty
    shalinishetty
    i executed the program...it is showing enter dos command...wat should i give...anothemess is it has not installed properley n no such files in a directory plz give d instuction clearly one after the other bz in dat there is a project something n all....i will be waiting for ur reply..
  • shalinishetty
    shalinishetty
    i have vista how i can i change to xp.....tell me how to execute tc in in vista itself
  • shalinishetty
    shalinishetty
    sunit.soni
    oo

HI friends it is very important instructions to run c program in ur dosbox.....i tried for one week by trying with the above tutorial....it might have helped many but i was struggling to execute by using dat instructions...any way thanks for them to put dat tutorial....here we have to make slight changes... follow it....

1.first save tc file in c drive

2.open dos box

3.intro mount

4.mount c c:\

5.c:

6.cd tc

7.cd bin

8.tc.exe

den to get a big screen alt enter

file new type a program wen u gve save as u ll get a new window der select ..\ den ull get BGI
    BIN
    EXAMPLES

click on bin ull get something like C:\BIN\programname.c dats it ....if u hav vista in ur laptop u can surely get a big screen wen u use dosbox with dis instructions....den to use cntrl f9,,,,,, alt f5....happy programming...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir, i need a good seminar topic for presenting in my college. can u please sugest some topics please 😀
The official count is - 😁22,000😁 😁 (CEan: satheesh.d) Rock on, CEans! ​
Discuss the announcement - https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...nty-two-thousand-crazyengineers-new-post.html in this thread!
I work in a polypropylene industry which is using spheripol technology.i would like to know and collect data about the effect of methane content in propylene on the reaction kinetics...
my name is ritwik nd i want to make magnetic hand glub plzzzzzzz help me its a verry urgent👍