TATA Social Enterprise Challenge

TATA Social Enterprise Challenge, is a joint initiative by the TATA Group and the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta) and a National Level challenge to find India’s most promising social enterprises. Also aimed at raising awareness about Social Entrepreneurship, TATA Social Enterprise Challenge aims to encourage the youth to step up to be the next generation of social entrepreneurs.
The challenge will invite social entrepreneurs from across India, who either have an early stage venture or an idea with a proof of concept. The proposed venture needs to have a sustainable business model that creates social impact. There is no restriction on the business model and it can be for-profit, not for profit or even a hybrid model.
The teams are required to submit a detailed Impact Proposal for the event based on which teams will be shortlisted for a 3-week mentorship program which includes mentorship at IIM Calcutta campus. Social entrepreneurs identified through the competition will be offered mentorship support, awarded cash grants and have an opportunity to pitch for funding and incubation at IIM Calcutta.

The challenge has three stages.
  1. Impact Proposal Round – In this round, teams will need to submit an ‘Impact Proposal’ through our website. Impact proposal is a detailed business plan format that we have developed to capture the needs and the impact created by any social venture. Last date for submitting the Impact Proposal is 20th Jan 2013.
  2. Semi-Finals – On clearing the Impact Proposal Round, a maximum of twenty teams will be invited to pitch to a panel of esteemed judges consisting of Social VCs, Social Entrepreneurs and faculty from IIM Calcutta.
  3. The Grand Finale – A maximum of ten teams will be selected for the Grand Finale and will pitch to a panel of esteemed judges, consisting of TATA Business Leaders, CEOs/Founders of Social VCs, Social Entrepreneurs and faculty from IIM Calcutta.
For More Info Visit..#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Less than 36 hours left for New year dawn & I know some of you might've planned to do something,it maybe scoring good marks,achieving your goal,or working on your personal...
I've been told that most of the project teams create websites to showcase their projects. I wish to know what all information is posted on such website? I want to...
hai ce friends. I want to do my project on telecommunications pls give me a good topic or good projects.
sir i will be geting cdac noida so can any one suggest me to go with noida and any reviews of acts noida specilly for DESD pls guide me it...
HOW A BOMB CALORIMETER WORKS.? LITERATURE REGARDING BOMB CALORIMETER DESIGN?