Tata Sky Competes Netflix India - Makes Everywhere TV Free For All

Tata Sky has decided to make its service called 'Everywhere TV' accessible for free to all its subscribers. Back in 2013, the DTH operator had Tata Sky's Live TV Streaming 'Everywhere TV' App Coming Soon For iOS & Android on Tata Sky mobile app - a feature that lets users stream 80+ live channels. They charged customers with Rs. 60 per month fee to access the service. The Tata Sky mobile app is available on several platforms including Android, iOS, Windows and Mac OS X. With Everywhere TV, users could not only watch live TV channels, but also have access to Videos on Demand and catch up TV videos. It only seems like a right move for the DTH service provider as Netflix India Pricing Plans - Which One To Choose? has started raves across the country.

Tata-Sky-Everywhere-TV-Free-Subscribe​

Registration for Tata Sky's Everywhere TV feature is a free of charge process. Users need to download the app from their respective app stores. A valid Tata Sky Subscriber (someone who has a positive account balance) can enter the subscriber ID/RMN and give a friendly name to the device to easily identify it, a feature much similar to Bluetooth pairing option.

Once that's done, allow Tata Sky to contact you on your RMN. Forward the second SMS you receive to the number specified to activate your Everywhere TV pack. Users can order any title of their choice from the 'purchased' catalogue on mytatasky.com. This title will automatically reflect under Everywhere TV > Purchased >Available on the Tata Sky Mobile App.
​
Those joining the service should note that Everywhere TV an be activated on a maximum of 2 Devices of an Active Tata Sky Subscriber simultaneously.

Tata Sky on Demand feature lets you catch up to last 5 days of episodes of your favorite TV shows from channels like FoodFood, TLC, National Geographic, NDTV India, Discovery, Life OK etc. Live TV support a wider range of TV channels including - Entertainment, Movies, News, Knowledge, Sports, Music, Kids and all regional categories.

What are your thoughts about Tata Sky's move to make their Everywhere TV service free of cost for all subscribers? Let us know via comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Akhil C Joy
    Akhil C Joy
    Hi Ankita,

For Tata sky , they need a valid Subscriber ID or Registered mobile number. But Netflix you can register and even available with several smart tvs.

Tata sky mobile service is cost of Rs 60 per month. And this movement will help them to increase the dish count.

Still the market is growing, we will expect new competitors with new schemes.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Akhil C Joy
    Tata sky mobile service is cost of Rs 60 per month.
    Oh no. It was earlier Rs. 60 per month. Now they have made it free for all.
  • Akhil C Joy
    Akhil C Joy
    Ankita Katdare
    Oh no. It was earlier Rs. 60 per month. Now they have made it free for all.
    Thanks for the update.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I didn't know they've made it free!! 😁

I just tried it out. The registration was easy enough - entered my mobile number, the app took a few seconds and I was in. πŸ˜€

It crashed 2 times but eventually managed to open the 'Everywhere TV'. Navigating the channels was easy.

I even tried watching something on NatGeo - but there was no audio! πŸ˜” Does anyone else have the same problem?

On the whole, I probably won't be using this service a lot. Here are my reasons:
    1. If I'm at home I'll just watch the regular TV - no sense in buying a 40" TV and watching NatGeo on a 4" mobile. πŸ˜€
    2. Outside my home the 3G speeds are "so fast" that I won't be able to watch anything without having to buffer it every few minutes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A research team from the Northwestern University have developed a single mode quantum cascade laser (QCL), that is capable of producing a high output power and electrical tuning necessary to...
In my recent talks with many engineers pursuing management entrance exams for doing MBA from the reputed colleges of India, I found that they have a common set of questions...
BHEL or Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited is the a power plant equipment manufacturer under Government of India. Their manufacturing facilities (factories) are located in various cities across India, including -Jagdishpur,...
β€œSmart" might be exaggerating, but Samsung has launched a few sensor laden clothes at the CES this year. The smart clothes are an addition to the range of wearable devices...
Similar to the phenomenon of earthquakes on Earth surface, the Milky way also seems to have experienced a galaxy quake a few hundred million years ago when a tiny dwarf...