Tata Nano Twist XT Features Power Steering, Dazzles In Purple At Rs. 2.36 Lakh In India

Tata Nano - the people's car is back in 2014 with a power steering. Yep, today the Tata's have launched the new variant of the best mileage small car with Tata Nano Twist XT at a price of Rs. 2.36 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Adorned with the same technical specifications as its previous variants, the Tata Nano Twist features a 624 cc two-cylinder MPFI engine and the maximum power is 38 ps at 5500 rpm and maximum torque is 51nm at 4000 rpm. The car attains a top speed of 105 kmph and features 4 forward and 1 reverse gears. The front suspension is independent, lower wishbone, McPherson struts with gas-filled dampers and anti-roll bar. Whereas, the rear one has semi trailing arm with coil spring & gas-filled shock absorbers

The car is now available in six different color variants that include - damson purple, dazzle blue, papaya orange, pearl white, meteor silver and royal gold. The Nano Twist XT comes equipped with a ZF-designed electric power steering unit (EPS) that uses a brushless motor. The brakes are dual circuit, vertical split operated by tandem master cylinder with vacuum booster. The front and rear wheels are 180 mm with drum brake. Thanks to the power steering, parking the new Tata Nano Twist is not a tedious task now and can now make its way through traffic and rush hours easily.
slide
The overall height and widthis 1652 mm and 1495 mm respectively, while the Fuel Tank Capacity is 15 Litres. The new instrument cluster now houses a driver information system as well, with digital clock, distance to empty (DTE) and average fuel efficiency (AFE) readouts. Additionally, an LED fuel gauge and coolant temperature gauge have also been incorporated. The car offers front power windows in the XT variant. Also, the Nano Twist XT comes with a new four-speaker AmphiStreamTM integrated Music System with Bluetooth, Aux-in and USB connectivity. A luggage space of 80 Liters is provided in this car behind the rear seat.

Coming to the safety concerns - The engine is located at the rear of this car. As a result, the load on the front wheels is low. Hence drum brakes at the front are provided instead of disc brakes. After the fire incidents, a lot of concerns were raised surrounding the Tata Nano's safety. On its official FAQ page, the officials have now shared that Tata Motors conducted investigations by a team of internal and international experts and found that the reasons for the incidents were limited to a few Tata Nano cars. The experts noticed instances of additional foreign electrical equipment having been installed or foreign material left on the exhaust system in these cars. Tata Nano Twist has been made more robust with enhanced features in the car’s electrical and exhaust system.
Tata-Nano-Twist-2014
Unveiling the Nano Twist, Ranjit Yadav, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "The Nano Twist will redefine customer's driving experience in city traffic with the EPAS. It comes loaded with trendy features, exciting new colour and sporty interiors." At the price that it is being currently offered, which is Rs. 14,000 more than the top-end version of the Tata Nano, would you be buying this one? How do you like the features and pricing of the new model - Twist? Share your thoughts with us in comments below.

UPDATE - Few more images of Tata Nano Twist -

Nano_Feature_980x426_Damson_Purple Nano_Feature_980x426_Papaya_Orange Nano_Feature_980x426_Pearl_White Nano_Feature_980x426_Royal_Gold

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Stunning initiative by Ratan Tata's Nano Twist.Should the fuel tank capacity of Nano increase???
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    First of all the Nano was meant to be the cheapest car.

Ok. Now that it's not - Why would city users need a small car? - for parking ease.

I actually know a business man located in Kochi who owns high end cars like Audi and Range Rover - but uses the high end version of Nano for 'City shopping'.

If I was looking to buy a Nano 'twist' - here's what I would expect -
    1. I would want it to be available in a coupe (2 seater) model - more fun I believe especially as it's better than cramming 4 people in a small car.
    2. I would expect some sort of design variation/variety compared to the original 'cheap' car look.
    3. I would be willing to pay upto 2 lakh rupees for the coupe - yes style does matter in a city!

Verdict: I would rather get a Maruti Alto/Chevrolet Spark for a little more cash than a Nano 4 seater.
  • Shrikant Bedekar
    Shrikant Bedekar
    Tata Nano !!! Although this car has gone through ups and down, it continues to roll and it has still managed to pull buyers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi what is this course about and how is it usable for future jobs..............or any industrial applications.........
I have read numerous article, news where workers are carpenter shops, cutting shops has loose there limbs with slight mistakes. Engineers have a though about it and come with with...
Sherlock Season 4 is expected to be premiered around Christmas 2014 and the shooting for the next season is expected to begin as soon as the duo are available for...
A Google News Sitemap can help you control which content Google News crawls and can speed up the inclusion of your articles in Google News search results.So, a lot of...
How do you like the idea of about 10 windmills mounted on a single grain of rice? Well, the good news is that it's not an idea anymore; and you...