Tata nano diesel to be the most fuel efficient car in India

Tata's automobile engineers are back to their drawing boards and now planning to bring something refreshingly new for the mileage crazy people of India. It's being rumored that Tata is planning to launch the diesel variant of the popular Nano. I learn from various sources that the car will have the world's smallest diesel power train to be used in commercial cars.

The Nano is expected to have a CRDI engine from BOSCH, with 0.8 liter capacity. The maximum power output is estimated to be about 33 bhp with about 51 Nm torque at 4000 rpm; which I believe should be enough for a car of this size, meant for city-driving purpose. I also learn that it will have a 4 step transmission system ideally suited for city-driving. I'm not sure if this is true - but the mileage of Tata nano is expected to touch about 40 kmpl - that'd surely make it the most fuel efficient car in India.

The nano will also have McPherson Struts, coil spring suspensions and hopefully a power steering wheel. While the fuel tank capacity is expected to be about 30 liters, there won't be much change in the overall configuration of the car.

The diesel version of Tata Nano, of course won't be the dream Rs. 1 lakh car. The price of this new car is estimated to be about Rs. 1.75 - 2.5 lakh rupees.

The company has not set any possible launch date for the car yet, but we may expect it to hit the Indian roads in 2013. I believe the rising petrol prices would definitely push the markets towards diesel powered cars over petrol cars. Let's keep updated about all the news related to Tata Nano Diesel through this thread.

Replies

• white_hat
    white_hat
    The 2 cylinder petrol model sounds like an autorickshaw, wonder how many cylinders are there in the diesel version.
    Can't expect much from a budget car but vibrations and noise from a diesel nano , I bet would be unbearable.
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    I think a small diesel power train opens up a lot of possibilities. I think TATA should be making compact farm machinery ,reduces the initial investment in farming more people will invest in crop production , especially the middle class.
    Small diesel power train is ideal for motorcycles and quad bikes , these will be of great use for the military all around the world.A turbocharged diesel motorcycle can go to any altitude, it will be a dream bike for every biker.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Tata Motors delightedly launched the brand new and improved Tata Nano 2012. This new compact car is loaded with some exciting features and is powered with a much powerful petrol engine and keeps the skill to deliver a striking mileage of 25.4 km per liter. Tata Motors officially launched Tata Nano also known as World’s cheapest car in March 2009. Tata Motors have worked extra hard to boost up the mileage, which in turn ensures that new Tata Nano has the lowest carbon dioxide emission when compared to other cars in the Indian market. Tata Nano will be launching sooner in two new engine variants and they are tata nano diesel engine and Tata Nano Price, Images, Mileage, Reviews, Specs version. The new Tata Nano Diesel price may be starts from Rs.1.50 lac but the company has not revealed the price of its hybrid version.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I wanted to know about any software which I should learn to give an edge to my resume in future. Currently I am in 1st year of e.c.e so...
This is based on a true story I heard from a friend! Had a good Christmas, everyone?
what is Γ circle?and what is the use of this sign that is Γ with circle/...? can anyone explain?
View a larger scale version of Tessellated I A tessellation of a capital "I" shape employing the colours of the spectrum which I created using Paint.NET the free image and...
PPA known as Personal Package Archive, we're not going into technical detail. But let say - You are using Ubuntu 12.04 which is LTS (Long-Term-Support) of 5 years, which infact...