Tata Motors Revotron - The 1.2 Litre Turbocharged Petrol Engine Announced

Tata Motors, India's leading automobile company has announced the new family of petrol engines that would make it to company's passenger vehicles in the next few weeks. Tata Motors announced the launch of this new series of Revotron engines, with Revotron 1.2 liter turbocharged petrol engine as the first one from the family. The Revotron engine family comprises of 3 & 4 cylinder petrol engines.

Revotron

The first engine, called Revotron 1.2T is a 1.2 litre, 4 cylinder, 8 valve, inter-cooled, turbocharged, multi-point fuel injection model. It produces 85PS at 5000 rpm and 140 Nm torque when at about 1750 to 3500 revolutions per minute (rpm). The figures indicate that Tata's engineers have produced an engine that would enhance the drivability. The engine should add less burden on your pockets with its fuel economy. It seems that the focus of the development was on delivering a budget-friendly engine than an engine built for pure performance. The engine has multiple modes for driving including better throttle response, ECU, 8-hole fuel injector and a new catalytic converter.

Announcing the launch, Mr. Ranjit Yadav, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors said: "With the launch of REVOTRON 1.2T, Tata Motors passenger vehicles business is making a strategic shift towards a more complete portfolio. The name itself, an amalgamation of Revolution and the French word "tronel", meaning "balance", conveys the essence of this engine brand that uses key technological advances to revolutionize and balance great driving manoeuvrability, without compromising on power or fuel efficiency. We are enhancing our portfolio with the next generation petrol engines - REVOTRON series".

Girish Wagh (Read: Girish Wagh - Realizing The Big "Small Car" Dream), VP of Small Car project at Tata Motors said that the company wants to be a serious player in the passenger vehicle business. Tata Motors took about 3 years to develop the new engines and it's expected that the engines will make it to all of Tata's cars - from Nano to big sedans.

Source: Tata launches Revotron family of engines | Team-BHP

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: Tata Motors has now formally launched the Revotron engine for their Zest and Bolt cars. India's leading auto-maker has taken up campaign with Karthikeyan to promote and create awareness about this 1.2 litre MPFi turbocharged petrol engine called Revotron 1.2T. Karthikeyan said that he was involved in the development of the engine and is excited about the new 'multi-drive' mode. The mode offers perfect balance between the performance of the engine and its overall fuel efficiency.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers over at Georgia Institute of Technology have come up with a new control system that makes use of human arm sensors to make robots used in manufacturing plants more...
Sony has launched its hybrid convertible series of laptops in the form of Sony Vaio Ultrabooks in India today. The hybrid design of the device makes it a laptop cum...
I have 55% in 12th class.. plzzz tell me Should i go for Gate coaching... i have heard from someone that if u dont have 60% in 12th then u...
Can you give me about final year project idea related to telecommunication field??
We need to interpolate values from graph that we obtained from the experiment. We do not have idea on feeding the inputs to Surface fitting tool.. Suggest the necessary codes...