Taj Arabia - Taj Mahal Clone In Dubai

The UAE is known for their brave, bold, super-tall, innovative, out of the world construction projects and I'd call the place as the construction heaven on the earth. Taj Arabia is latest project that aims to clone the famous Taj Mahal. The Taj Arabia will be a 5-star hotel with over 300 luxury rooms, apartments, shops etc. The overall project cost is estimated to be about $350 million.

Now the question that pops up in my mind is - is it going to be incredibly easy to create the replica of the Taj Mahal in Dubai with the modern construction technology? What do our Civil and Structural engineers have to say about this? Can we can a discussion on the topic?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    They know that one day their source of income OIL is shrinking rapidly that's why planning for future tourist place of the world.
    Interesting that , there is no artistic image on official site.
    I agree that it will be really simple to copy using latest technologies.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ๐Ÿ‘€ can India patent the design and then fight patent wars and claim lots of money and become rich???
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    durga
    ๐Ÿ‘€ can India patent the design and then fight patent wars and claim lots of money and become rich???
    Seems legit ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Opinions could be handled through the debate section folks ๐Ÿ˜. Let's stick to the technical side for this thread.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There is something called appropriateness. Different materials require different construction protocols. A look alike of the Taj, but with modern materials can be easily be put up with modern construction methods. Even the old construction materials can be used, though the structural principles are not quite what the old workmen used.The artistic value of a hand crafted article is far more than the same piece machine made or moulded. The small inaccuracies, occasional alignment errors all add to the uniqueness of a piece, whether thumb sized or a monument.

I am sure that the Arabs will make a great looking piece.
    However, Mumtaj need not turn in her grave.

As one of the emails put it,'Man's greatest erection for a woman (via Agra), the Taj' will endure.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    Yes it will be easy to create a copy of Taj Mahal with the modern equipment, but I dont think it can be 100% replica. I wonder why they want to copy the same design when their purpose is different. I think in near future, probabibility of the Egyptian pyramid will also be remade for some other purpose.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

pls ...suggest the technical course regarding the water treatemen , oil and gas
i'm owais nizamani student of B.E chemical engg. studying in second year, forth semster. studeid at mehran UET , jamshoro , pakistan.
So I've this Fiber To The Home aka FTTH service from BSNL and it's taking forever to get activated. The ONT device has been installed and all the connections have...
So I've this micro SD card that refuses to identify itself in variety of operating systems including Windows Vista, Windows 7 and OSX Mountain Lion. When I insert it into...
So while toying with my micro SD card, I found out that Android file system supports FAT 16. But upon further inspection, I found out a new type of file...