Tails up, Pessimists - controlling just 5 genes may turn one an optimist

Interesting research seems to hold out hope for pessimists. Studies on identical twins with opposing attitudes indicate that it may all be in the genes. Five genes in the hippocamus.
Researchers are optimistic of finding ways to switch these on to control attitudes.
I being rather pessimistic am keeping my fingers crossed. Wait and see is the word - a favorite pessimist's pastime along with the accompanying procrastination.

Can science explain why I'm a pessimist? - BBC News

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Indian Institutes of Technology are powerhouses that nurture incredible talent. From supercomputers to household appliances, IITians have time and again come up with innovations that have perplexed many. Here,...
If you always wanted to learn to code and develop software but lost your patience beyond public static void main, then we've a good news for you. Computer engineers at...
ARM processors, the RISC based processors licensed by ARM Inc. is the 'Titan' when it comes to powering the mobile devices like smart-phones & tablets.They are currently being used in...
Just noticed that we've crossed 50+ applications for the CEoM August 2013. Those who are new to CrazyEngineers may note that the applications for the CEoM August will remain open...
How exactly is putting the split ac conditioner to 26 c reduce electrical poweR?