Tablet worth of buying in budget of 15-20k

Hi All,

Can all the techies over here provide reviews about the Tablet that is worth of buying in the budget of 15-20k. Please specify the features. My area of interests is reading, surfing, watching movies , videos with if possible latest Android OS.

Thanks,

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sookie
    Hi All,

Can all the techies over here provide reviews about the Tablet that is worth of buying in the budget of 15-20k. Please specify the features. My area of interests is reading, surfing, watching movies , videos with if possible latest Android OS.

Thanks,
    Get the iPad Mini, 7" tablet that is just priced at the top limit of your budget. The battery life, display and overall quality of iPad is superb and I'd recommend it over other tablets any day. Unless you have special love for Android, I'd recommend iOS over Android.

I'd also recommend latest Samsung Galaxy tablets; but I'm not sure how good they are on the battery backup - which I believe is critical. Do check out Samsung Tab 3 310 which is priced just a little above your budget; but should be a great buy if you insist on Android.
  • sookie
    sookie
    I need Android...love Open source things more ๐Ÿ˜‰ Any other - how about Google Nexus?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sookie
    I need Android...love Open source things more ๐Ÿ˜‰ Any other - how about Google Nexus?
    This seems to be quite awesome: #-Link-Snipped-# - but it will take some time to arrive. Maybe a month more.

sookie
    My area of interests is reading, surfing, watching movies , videos with if possible latest Android OS.

Thanks,
    For all of the above you mentioned, the operating system doesn't matter much. What matters more is the 'battery life' and Apple seems to beat everybody. Anyway, I'm not an Apple evangelist ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    galaxt tab battery life is not good/ So I might suggest against it , unless you are using it minimally. Specs for Nexus are great, the last time i checked, both Nexus and IPAD did not have 3G facility, this was few months ago, though both support wifi
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    galaxt tab battery life is not good/ So I might suggest against it , unless you are using it minimally. Specs for Nexus are great, the last time i checked, both Nexus and IPAD did not have 3G facility, this was few months ago, though both support wifi
    Ipad comes in two variants. 3G+Wi-Fi & Wi-Fi only. The price of the former is slightly more. I've been using iPad for a long time now and for the entertainment purpose - they're second to none.

My biggest complaint against Android is that they totally drain the battery like water running from an open tap. Android's engineers have already acknowledged that Android's battery handling capacity will never match that of iOS.

Unless the device is going to be used for some development purpose [and I think being a Java coder, you'll want to experiment with that] there aren't many reasons I'd prefer Android over iOS. I can tell you this after owning Android and iOS devices for extended period of time.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Go for Nexus 7 (or Aakash Tablet : Okay, I am kidding)
    It will take couple months for New Nexus 7 to launch in India. I suggest you to wait for that gadget.
    You'll get latest Android update of version 4.3, also Ubuntu Touch official support from canonical (No porting BS). So, From April 2014, you can switch to Ubuntu Touch stable if you wish to.

Hence, I recommend Nexus 7 ๐Ÿ‘
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Galaxy Battery backup is hell one of my client said this. He said never go with this it will bound you with charger.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I also recommend new #-Link-Snipped-# , get from overseas or wait for few days to launch in India.
    New Nexus 7 is full HD (1080*1920) vs ipad mini (768*1024) , more than twice resolution. Even if Apple is launching new iPad 7, I have doubt it would be full HD.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The latest price of Google Nexus 7, as reported on GadgetsGuru is Rs. 11,999!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The latest price of Google Nexus 7, as reported on GadgetsGuru is Rs. 11,999!
    No way!
    I think that's typo.But if it really is of 12K then I'll buy it.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Abhishek Rawal
    No way!
    I think that's typo.But if it really is of 12K then I'll buy it.
    Looks impossible.current US price is $229 that means it must be going to somewhere between 17K to 19k. But still I think it worth.
  • sookie
    sookie
    Thanks all...will it have SIM facility? I use internet through my SIM connection.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    sookie
    Thanks all...will it have SIM facility? I use internet through my SIM connection.
    Sadly No!
    That's the only feature which Nexus 7 is lacking ๐Ÿ˜”
    You can buy Nexus 7 from Amazon India at 11,999 INR. Unbelievably cheap cost for such a good gadget.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Buy a nexus and interface sim card using HDMI cable that will be a grand solution to your problem or use data cards

Most tablets support datacards But they will need an additional cable to go along with them

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm curious to know whether the wireless can beat the ethernet cables. Apple claims that the 802.11ac should be able to do 1.3 Gbps wirelessly. Want to know how does...
I tried Duracell AAA batteries for my Apple Magic Mouse and thought it'd give me a better life over the default Apple included rechargeable batteries. Unfortunately, the Duracells lasted only...
The modern cars rely on on-board computers and electronics systems. On-board computers have been mandatory in all the US vehicles since 1996 and now hackers have set their eyes on...
Yes..you have got two offers//But no clash of interests. each job in the same field of yours.which one would you choose?
I knew some day the Prince Of Persia game will make it to the tablets and happy to report that the game's been officially released on both Android and iOS....