Tab space varying width in Ubuntu Mate

I am using Ubuntu Mate operating system.
When I am editing a text file in a text editor, sometimes a tab corresponds to two spaces, and sometimes it corresponds to about 4 or 5 spaces.
What is the mystery behind this?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Never have used pluma for coding purpose. Check settings/preferences.
    If you think it's bug, you can file issue : Issues · mate-desktop/pluma · GitHub
    This way it will be fixed faster.
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    Abhishek Rawal
    Never have used pluma for coding purpose. Check settings/preferences.
    If you think it's bug, you can file issue : Issues · mate-desktop/pluma · GitHub
    This way it will be fixed faster.
    that happens even for vi in most versions of Ubuntu including Mate LTS
    I was creating a symbol table for mapping key to its value in a two column format file.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Architecture website Architizer has just announced the winners of its 3rd annual A+ Awards, highlighting the best new building designs from around the world. This year's awards cover more...
I am Mohan , a crazy mechanical engineer working as a Regional service Manager in Apollo tyres. I found this forum very interesting and good place to gain and share...
It's been a while, since 1976, that Russia returned to the moon. The Luna-24 was the last Russian machine that landed on the moon. Russia did send probes to other...
Hi engineers, need help to design a single stage inverter for my academic project, i tried so much to design it by myself and failed. now am helpless, I dont...