System shuts down suddenly when pen drive is connected to it.

Please anybody help me ,i'm facing the problem with the desktop pc, that is, when i connect a pen drive to my pc the system shuts down suddenly and when i disconnect it from the pc, it starts automatically. i tried with another pen drive but again the same problem is repeating. Please provide me the solution.โ€‹

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    A few things I got from the Internet... ๐Ÿ˜€
    Dodgy power supply. The flash drive will draw power from the PC as it doesn't have its own supply. So - try another PSU.
    Could it be that movement of the USB "extension cord" at the back is disturbing a power cable or switch?
    The USB device was plugged into one of the front USB ports and someone must have kicked it because when I went to plug the device in again later on Windows XP came up with an error saying that the USB port was drawing too much power and to remove the device.
    The PC also started beeping continuously but did not shut down.
    Had to replace the USB cable and use a port on the back of the PC as the front USB port was damaged.
    Thats a short circut some place. You need to look at the PC very carefully and see what has moved or isn't sitting right. Had a customers PC doing the same with front USB ports, removed the USB ports from the PC, put them back - all fixed.
    Hope your issue is resolved... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sudha Warad
    Sudha Warad
    When I connect USB data cable to the pc, the system works fine but it shuts down suddenly when I connect a pen drive to it. What might be the problem actually?
    Guess as one said, it would be an issue with the power supply in your board... Is this a problem with one USB port or all? Is this a problem with that particular pen drive or all?
  • Sudha Warad
    Sudha Warad
    It works fine when USB cable is connected, but shuts down only when I connect a pen drive. I tried with 2 pen drives, again pc is shutting down.
    Try connecting the USB Pen Drives with an extension USB cord and let us know..,
  • Sudha Warad
    Sudha Warad
    I'll try this. Thank you.๐Ÿ˜€
    Sudha Warad
    I'll try this. Thank you.๐Ÿ˜€
    If even in this case, you face the same issue, then the problem would be in your USB main controller, where it doesn't know to handle USB drives!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Also, do try the USB pen drive in various USB ports in the PC.

This might actually help you to pinpoint a single problematic USB port!
  • Sudha Warad
    Sudha Warad
    @ET: All 4 ports are giving the same problem ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Sudha Warad
    Sudha Warad
    @praveen : Is this problem with the USB drivers?
    I guess the main USB Controller has a problem. But yeah, try the extension method and say your results... I guess it is better to contact a trained system technician, before any other issues might arise!!!
  • Sudha Warad
    Sudha Warad
    Ok, i'll contact DELL technical support and let you know the result. thank you ๐Ÿ˜€
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i guess there is a virus in pen drive
    narayana murthy
    i guess there is a virus in pen drive
    Dude, don't say something funny!
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Praveen-Kumar
    Dude, don't say something funny!
    hahahaha hey i faced that when i kept some pen drives
    narayana murthy
    hahahaha hey i faced that when i kept some pen drives
    Dude, seriously, I guess that girl needs some better solution instead of we talking nonsense... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Praveen-Kumar
    Dude, seriously, I guess that girl needs some better solution instead of we talking nonsense... ๐Ÿ˜€
    hey if problem only exits with only with one pen drive then it may be virus
    if it exits with all the pen drives there may be many problems
    narayana murthy
    hey if problem only exits with only with one pen drive then it may be virus
    if it exits with all the pen drives there may be many problems
    She had already mentioned with ANY PEN DRIVE!
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Praveen-Kumar
    She had already mentioned with ANY PEN DRIVE!
    sorry i didn't noticed that
  • Sudha Warad
    Sudha Warad
    The problem is resolved. The device driver files were corrupted, after restoring the Operating System there is no problem with the system .
    Sudha Warad
    The problem is resolved. The device driver files were corrupted, after restoring the Operating System there is no problem with the system .
    Thats awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Sudha Warad
    So all is fine!
    You should've repaired the OS before bothering about any more issues ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sudha Warad
    Sudha Warad
    @et: Yeah, but last week itself I had formatted the pc, so I thought there won't be any issues with the OS.
    Later I came to know that the problem occurred due to device driver files, so I restored the Operating system, and the problem is solved.๐Ÿ˜€
    Ha ha... Awesome et!!! ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Have you ever wonder how much we use information in our daily works (presentation, project reports) without the permission of owner. Eg: An image copied from Wikipedia & Google. We...
Name: Raj *Engineering Trade: MS(SOFTWARE ENGINEERING) Location: VELLORE(TAMIL NADU) *Occupation: (Student|Working|Self-Employed|Unemployed; details please!) STUDENT...DNG MY FINAL YR Work Experience: (if applicable) *Hobbies & Interests: READING NOVELS... *Aim in life: (if...
hi ppl... i am dng a project on moving object detection in image processing in matlab..i am new to matlab and i have no ides how to start with it...can...
can any one tell me the difference between military and normal radars and the frequency and range at which they operate?