System failure's.

System failure's are one of the most important problems faced by any system. Be it a normal operating system or a database management system, failure's can occur in any prevalent system. Hence, the methods by which we can recover a system from any failure is of great significance. There are basically three types of failure's, which are:
1)System failure's:
This failure is one of the most dangerous failure, since it causes the entire system to crash. This can occur due to may reasons like problems in the system hardware, invalid assumptions of the system requirements,etc. One example of this is the "Blue screen of death", which is witnessed in the windows operating system. A similar situation is observed in the UNIX system ,which is termed as "Kernel panic".
2)Transaction failure's:
This failure occurs if the system has to abort a particular transaction due to some problems that might have occurred while any transaction such as invalid data.etc.
3)Disk failure's:
This failure occurs due to tearing of tapes.etc which can be due to many external factors too.

In some circumstances it is very difficult to recover the system.

Replies

• jhnmichle
    jhnmichle
    there can some other reasons too. but these are basic reasons of failure.
  • Mehakrajkhokar
    Mehakrajkhokar
    yes.. there sure are several other reasons...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This post is NOT to say that machines are getting intelligent and over taking man. The root cause is a discussion between me and my friend on the Engineer's importance...
I believe it is very possible to program the brain. We are in the beginning stages obviously of making this work but it can and will. I have read a...
Sorry i dont know whether i can share info from other sites or not. But i found this chat useful. Do read it ! IBNLive Chat | Chat with Chetan...
[video=youtube;YZKD2aYLTWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZKD2aYLTWw[/video]
[video=youtube;gidumziw4JE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gidumziw4JE[/video]