Symbian 2010 Sneak Peak

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

[​IMG]

You know that new Symbian user experience promised by Nokia next year? Want a sneak peak? Although Nokia's downloadable slide-deck from its Capital Market Day event leaves out all the new UI visuals, fortunately the webcast has 'em all. And if we're not mistaken then that's a wall-to-wall capacitive multitouch slate up there from Nokia's conceptual studios. As Nokia tells it, the Symbian OS is not the problem, the UI is -- and we agree. In 2010 new hardware and tweaked software will reduce Symbian's clutter, add multitouch input on "large capacitive displays," minimize steps to request functions (2-taps to get to favorite music or video instead of 8, create an email account in 2 steps, not 4), significantly improving the browser experience, and making the entire UI 3 times faster than current high-end products while taking scrolling to 60fps (up from 15fps used today). Notably, Nokia will remove more than 350 user prompts that makes the Symbian experience so frustrating today. The experience promises to be so good that Nokia CEO, Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo, calls it "magical." Us? Sweet, but it's only slideware for now. Watch the rousing video after the break

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I recently moved south to Bangalore and I am working for a large software integrator mainly testing. My project team is working on web service project. We plan...
India's third largest IT services exporter Wipro will recruit 8,000 people in the next four-five months. Of this, about 5,000 will be hired in the next two months, joint CEO...
CEans, One of the leading social networks on the Web, FriendSter is going a major makeover. Watch following video: [youtube]6WoqWUqV1yw[/youtube]
CEans, I'm happy to announce that CrazyEngineers has been incorporated as "CrazyEngineers Technologies Private Limited" 😁 CrazyEngineers.com will now be managed by the new company that we've formed 😀 ....
Announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/30589-crazyengineers-incorporated.html