Switch problem.

Hi all!

I'm having a problem. You see I have this project to do, which involves creating a digital keyboard. It wen ok so far, but and my teacher wants me to do a switch to each key, which would play for a cretin period of time. I.e. if he holds the switch down for 1 sec. the note is played for 3 seconds, if holds it down for 2 seconds than note is played for instance 4 seconds. Switch has to have at least 3 different timing setting.

Anyone got any idea how to grasp this?

I was thinking of using a 555 timer to produce a wave, logic 0 and logic 1, which passes through 2 flip flops, dividing the freq by 2. I think it also should pass through mux to select either 1st, 2nd or 3rd setting. But I don't know how to do it really.

Will this idea work? Or is there an easier way?

Please no pics as my lecture forrbided those.

Thanks guys, and please help me out!

Replies

• shahrul
    shahrul
    Did you want to produce music tone depending on what key you press? Is that you mean, I know to develop that using PIC. Just read push button and create wave tone to the speaker.
  • Angello
    Angello
    Shahrul, I would love to use PIC, and learn how to use it. You have any tutorials in English?😀 Unfortunately my lecture doesn't want us to use PIC's this time, cause he will cover them during this term and he doesn't want us to pick up some bad habits. Personally I think this is some bull crap but sure he's the boss.

Anyways my question was how to construct a timing device in such a way that when you press push button switch it will play note for a certain time. But the catch is that he wants us to do 3 different settings, ie. press button for 1 second and note is played 3 seconds, if button is pressed in for 2 seconds note is beeing played 5 seconds, if pressed in for 3 seconds than you hear note for 10 seconds.

Any ideas?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone answer this basic dilemma please? I have a 1 F capacitor with 1 V across it. I have a second capacitor with no charge, V = 0, same...
Our generator, who art in the group, give us this day our daily cube. And forgive our trespasses into the Moebius domain, but lead us to the identity, and not...
Sir / Madam, My questions is, A test has 50 questions. A student scores 1 mark for a correct answer, -1/3 for a wrong answer, and –1/6 for not attempting...
Today I received E mail, that i would liked to share with you Dear All, Must Read and adopt ..and life will be beautiful Speech by Chetan Bhagat at Symbiosis......
Fake Voice 2.5 Size - 5.15 mb Fake Voice is a voice changer software which changes your voice to male, female, old, young, hard, shrill, or some one new. If...