Swiss solar plane makes maiden flight

A SOLAR-POWERED airplane took off on its first major test flight on Wedesday morning, from an airfield in western Switzerland.

The flight of the plane, named Solar Impulse, comes ahead of plans to use a similar solar-powered plane to fly around the world in 2012.

"We want to demonstrate what can be achieved with renewable energy" Bertrand Piccard, the man behind the project, was quoted by the Swiss ATS news agency as saying.

The plane has the wing span of an Airbus A340, the weight of an average car, and is powered by some 12,000 solar cells. The Solar Impulse-also the name of the project behind the plane- is "the first aircraft designed to fly night and day without fuel or polluting emissions".😁😁

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Some needs onsite...some needs good project...some needs good technology...others after money...mix of all no one is full happy..what do you think? 25% people who are happy are always new joiners.....
CEans, It has been brought to my notice that there are few users who are spamming other members through private messages. If you receive any such message; please report it...
Official announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...t-spamming-through-personal-messages-pms.html Discuss in this thread.
hello , can u give me the source code for a pwm generator with a variable duty cycle the duty cycle should be change with a potentiometer at the input...
hi alll i want to know that why the wafer is made with P-type semiconductor , we can use a insulator subtrate , or any other material for base ,,...