Swiching ON Fluroscent tubelights at low voltage (200V)

Dear All,
Will you please tell me whether tubelight get switched ON if it is started with reduced voltage (say 200V)? What are the effects(advantages OR disadvantages) of doing so?

Regards,
Anirudha

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    fisfiseani
    Dear All,
    Will you please tell me whether tubelight get switched ON if it is started with reduced voltage (say 200V)? What are the effects(advantages OR disadvantages) of doing so?

Regards,
    Anirudha
    I am not sure but somewhere I read that when We are switching our normal Tubelights ON it also Injects Ripples to Power Transmission line which may increase the Power Loss but if we switch ON lights at lower voltage it will reduced somewhat inject amount.
    I also read somewhere that Government is also supporting the invention that reduces this injection ratio to Transmission line Back.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    see aniruda,tube light is in general considers the 40watt configuration if it is not aptly injected or not fully coming i.e.voltage fluctuation time or low voltage cases a chock get less amount of energy,which is not so trigger the BALLAST circuit which is the internal circuit of a chock.the circuit diagrams as follows...first one is tube light schematic and second is fluorescent configuration,. magnetic_ballast_schematic amtac1
  • Mortane
    Mortane
    fisfiseani
    Dear All,
    Will you please tell me whether #-Link-Snipped-# get switched ON if it is started with reduced voltage (say 200V)? What are the effects(advantages OR disadvantages) of doing so?

Regards,
    Anirudha

It will can cause severe effects to tubelight and less voltage can even damage it completely.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    to obtain constant voltage we need to place a regulator circuit to maintain constant voltage...
  • fisfiseani
    fisfiseani
    arunchary
    to obtain constant voltage we need to place a regulator circuit to maintain constant voltage...
    Dear Sir,
    I have Lighting Transformer for all Lighting Load(e.g Tube Light). If I reduce the O/p voltage by changing taps(from 230V to 200V), what will be the effect on performance (watt,Lux&Life) of Tubelight(36x2 Twin Tubelights). what willl be probable saving in Wattages if I reduce the Voltage?
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    please mention the tubelight wattage.though watt (P=VI) so definitely it effects,luminisity also goes down ,it leads to decay in life factor.......
  • sunpialia
    sunpialia
    Generally speaking, #-Link-Snipped-# are more efficient, and in the other hand they can last longer than the CFTs. However, they cost consideraly more then others. It would be a good new for our public customers that the prices for the LED lights are coming down so that we could accept that.
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    fisfiseani
    Dear All,

Regards,
    Anirudha
    IT is possible with ELECTRONIC CHOKE tube light works efficiently with this choke and glows at low voltages

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

now i am in final year student some componies are coming to my collage to give details and to clear our doubts regarding the compony.i would like to know about...
The most famous RTS game The Settlers is open for free , no download just browser based game. It's been developed & maintained by Bluebyte. Still in beta test mode....
hello friends can u tell me how to download any video or lecture from torrent kindly tell me the whole procedure
Reliance Freedom 999 plan looks too good to be true. Reliance is offering 12 Mbps speed for up to 25 Gb of data and and post the data limit, the...
so many controllers output is of 4 to 20 ma whearas some of them has 0 to 20 ma output why