SunSocket - The Portable, 60W Solar Generator Tracks Sun Like A Pro

If you're looking for a portable solar generator to keep your array of electronic empire charged, look no further than the SunSocket - the compact, portable solar generator that ensures that it always gets enough light. The SunSocket is capable of tracking the Sun so that ample light falls on its panels. This new breed of solar charging station is set to change the way you thought of solar powering your stuff. The best thing of all? It comes packed in a suitcase sized box which you can carry anywhere.

slide

The SunSocket features a high efficiency 60 W array of solar panels that slide to expand the total light capture area. These panels can track the Sun and align themselves so that they can convert as much solar energy into useful electrical energy which gets stored in the 250 Wh battery - enough to power your TV, laptops, smartphones and tablets. Any domestic appliance that draws lesser than 100 Watts can run on this unit.

sunsocket

The enclosing case has 4 easy-to-access USB ports, a 12V DC cigarette lighter socket, an international 115/220 V AC output. We don't know how much power the system eats to function but we're quite sure that the engineers behind SunSocket would have worked on keeping it to minimum.

The system however costs a bang! At $1499, we'd rather go gadget-less for a day or two. What about you?

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    it can be made in a diy way at much less cost ...
  • Rachel caroline
    Rachel caroline
    awwww so nice n useful😁 ..
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I dont want to carry a suitcase for charging my laptop or tablet or phone.But if situation requires , It definitely has some credit.
    I have seen in discovery channel where a venom collector Donald Schultz uses a bag with solor panel which can charge phones.
    Can sunsocket win in commercial race with this price?¿
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    CSK AUTO
    Can sunsocket win in commercial race with this price?¿
    No way!
    I don't think 'normal' people will ever spend $1500 for using gadgets outside the home.
    Yeah, for adventurers, wild-life researchers,etc. this product will be lot more useful.But again they'll not feel comfortable carrying a bag everywhere they go.

However, on bright-side, this product can be used in home, if you extend the connection of wire between solar panel to gadget you connect (let's say Television).But again there is limitation.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well automatic movement and all is fine

But DIY of this design is much much cheaper and costs us very little So I am not sure this product will have that awesome market
  • p.ramakrishna247
    p.ramakrishna247
    what is the inner circuit configuration used for this solar panels. please update that information.
    which type of sensors used for sensing and automatic movement. how can they interface those sensors to work in proper way.😁
  • Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    p.ramakrishna247
    what is the inner circuit configuration used for this solar panels. please update that information.
    which type of sensors used for sensing and automatic movement. how can they interface those sensors to work in proper way.😁
    20W solar panels available in india@1600
    connect in 4x in series for 80W power
    4x17.5v=70V at max power
    A DC-DC converter will convert 70V Dc to 5v,12v,325v DC
    Use 325V dc for mod sine inverter to get 230v@50z.
    Add a MCU for max power point tracking ..
    A lead acid battery for storage of power generated ..

Simple LDR's at corners of panel will sense the light intensity & track sun movement ..
    Servos will align panels with current position of sun ..
    All this at fraction of 90K...😁
  • p.ramakrishna247
    p.ramakrishna247
    Cyborg 009
    20W solar panels available in india@1600
    connect in 4x in series for 80W power
    4x17.5v=70V at max power
    A DC-DC converter will convert 70V Dc to 5v,12v,325v DC
    Use 325V dc for mod sine inverter to get 230v@50z.
    Add a MCU for max power point tracking ..
    A lead acid battery for storage of power generated ..

Simple LDR's at corners of panel will sense the light intensity & track sun movement ..
    Servos will align panels with current position of sun ..
    All this at fraction of 90K...😁
    thank you very much my friend

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The use of robotics in medical field isn't new. But this new Japanese internal imaging robot helps the doctors like no one else, especially during emergency situations. The robot, currently...
XOLO Play T1000 has been launched in India with a price tag of Rs.15,999. The company that's trying to outshine the fierce competition from Micromax, Lava, Lemon, Spice and Karbonn...
Okay, we didn't make up that headline, except the 'Playstation 5' & 'Xbox Two' names; but the later part of the headline comes directly from the man who observes the...
Though it's prominently listed on the site, I wanted to start a discussion on the same. I'd be interested to know how many engineering students on this site are taking...
There are lot of discussions for DAC and DESD course, but i need to know about WiMC course and its placement scenario/opportunities. I appeared for CDAC july 2013 and my...