Suggestions for Freshers!

We have lot of CEans in the Corporate field working in various companies with different work cultures. This is the time, the freshers are getting jobs and in a short while going to join the companies. And as a fresher, I am eager to know some thing about the Corporate people, Corporate politics and all. I have a quite couple of questions and will post them here. I hope our Experienced CEans may reply well. And freshers, you may also ask your doubts here. So that we can be careful.

1) If the team leader goes with the wrong decision, what should we do?

A) Telling/Informing the leader that the decision was incorrect,
B) Just obeying to him/her and doing our work,
C) Telling to the team members that leader's decision was incorrect,
D) Informing the Manger that the team leader was wrong.

2) If the Manger was playing silly/stupid jokes, what should we do?

A) Do laughing with him/her,
B) Ask Manger to stop those,
C) Simply do our work,
D) Do Search for another job.

Replies

• Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    1. E)Kick him or A 2.A)Do laughing with her
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1) If the team leader goes with the wrong decision, what should we do?

I'm assuming the decision in question is about the project work. The team leader, in most of the cases has more information to tasks. Instead of being judgmental and offering advise or informing others about the decision, it's always advisable to discuss it with the team lead in a private one-on-one meeting.

2) If the Manger was playing silly/stupid jokes, what should we do?

Again, the best thing to do is have a private conversation with the manager you've problems with. If the situation doesn't improve after your one-on-one talk with the manager, you may discuss the issue with the HR managers and ask for project change.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    So, Everything goes with Private Conversation! Thanks Biggie.

Will post some more questions soon!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sahithi pallavi
    So, Everything goes with Private Conversation! Thanks Biggie.

Will post some more questions soon!
    Logically, it's always better to discover and find out whether the issue really exists. It once happened with me. My colleague would crack jokes that sometimes would hurt colleagues. I brought up the topic with him in the coffee room and told him how few of our colleagues were getting hurt. He said he didn't mean to hurt them and he didn't realize how it was affecting others. He promised that he'll take care of it and be more responsible while interacting with others.

Issues were solved and we had a happy team. A simple conversation not only restored the bond among team members but everyone actually began each others company.

Had any of our colleagues complained about this guy to manager, things could have turned sour for everyone. Always deal the issues upfront. If you think the manager is wrong, then have a meeting with him/her and find out (under your limitations) the reasons why the decision in question was taken. Also never be judgmental and tell your boss he/she is wrong. As I said, they've access to more information than you do.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    Logically, it's always better to discover and find out whether the issue really exists. It once happened with me. My colleague would crack jokes that sometimes would hurt colleagues. I brought up the topic with him in the coffee room and told him how few of our colleagues were getting hurt. He said he didn't mean to hurt them and he didn't realize how it was affecting others. He promised that he'll take care of it and be more responsible while interacting with others.

Issues were solved and we had a happy team. A simple conversation not only restored the bond among team members but everyone actually began each others company.

Had any of our colleagues complained about this guy to manager, things could have turned sour for everyone. Always deal the issues upfront. If you think the manager is wrong, then have a meeting with him/her and find out (under your limitations) the reasons why the decision in question was taken. Also never be judgmental and tell your boss he/she is wrong. As I said, they've access to more information than you do.
    Yes, Thanks Biggie.
    Will keep in mind those points. 😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    What to do if an unexpected rumor on you comes out?
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    sahithi pallavi
    firstly take it as on what type of rumours ,if is linked to any of your professional behaviour .you have to be confidence as none of any faults occurred by you.and if someone raised a question to you show him/her postive approach towards about the past work done.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    sahithi pallavi
    What kind of?

anyway whatever it is, you can answer by your work!

Your output will tell everyone what you are and what you are capable of!!

Too much of thinking on what others think of me will create unnecessary problems.

For Questions 1 and 2 just private conversations will help 😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Yes, any kind of rumors.

Thanks Cooldude, ES 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys, Today i found a really cool feature of wiki pages. Many of CEans may know it. But this post is for those who don't know.I am sure they...
[FONT="]Generator over Fluxing Relay (24G)[/FONT] -The relay measures the ratio of voltage to frequency (V/Hz) as this ratio is proportional to the flux-density level of the electromagnetic machine. -Over Fluxing...
what do you think what are the various ways to express love without words? According to me 1:- Emoticons(smilies) 2:- Music 3:- Flowers😀😀
hello friend's Just started to read about socket programming.I have written a simple program for reading a file from server and write in client side. Check this, For server side.......
Dear friends! Harmonics in electricity is always undesirable.So please can u suggest me some methods to reduce harmonics in power supply and how are they harmfull? PLease help me out